Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #37

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Yes, but probably AndroidAuto/CarPlay requires USB3.0 (bigger transfer rate + charging simultaneously). Not sure, just guessing.

EDIT: 

The differences in USB (I guess 1.x, 2.x or 3.x) have a little impact on software. Different USB versions can affect the transfer data rate and/or the charging capabilities.
As an example: windows will work the same on a PC with 2.x USB connectors as on one with 3.x connectors.

The difference in transfer speed between USB2.X and USB3.X is approx. 10 times
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #38

• Buder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You are right but data transferred by Waze is not affected by connection speed, You can use Waze all day and the total data downloaded is about 100 MB. (USB 2.x transfer is 60MB/s). The high data transfer is useful if you transfer large files in short time (it is not the case). You can watch a movie in your car on you cell phone connected at 3G (max.7.2 Mbps) or at 4G (max 100 Mbps).
And, yes, it is possible some devices will not charge (especially tablets). But many, many others will...

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #39

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
With Waze might be so, but with Google Maps, my phone uses 500MB of data for two-three hours (although, they are both owned by Google). Besides, you have simultaneous streaming of Video, Audio and charging (all the time). Actually, we're both just guessing and this might not be the case.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #40

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Can you remember where do you read that?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #41

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Can you remember where do you read that?

Nope :) Was long ago.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 6 months ago #42

• Buder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

With Waze might be so, but with Google Maps, my phone uses 500MB of data for two-three hours (although, they are both owned by Google). Besides, you have simultaneous streaming of Video, Audio and charging (all the time). Actually, we're both just guessing and this might not be the case.

I am bad with math but: 500MB / 3 hours x 60minutes x 60 seconds..... I guess you will find MB/s. And our USB 2.x can handle 60 MB/s. Your phone will use a lot of resources but the one which really drain the battery is your screen.

And if Renault would want to solve this problem it will be easy to make an adapter so your phone will use the nearby lighter socket to charge and the usb to exchange data. Where there's a will there's a way.

Last edit: by Buder.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds