Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #55

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I've just done a test and it's a no go I think. Android Auto runs ok on the phone but there is nothing on the RLink screen. I've turned on Mirroring on the phone and gone through the procedures but no new buttons appear in any of the menus on RLink. Just as we thought, my car is just too early. It was worth a try I suppose, if it had worked I would be kicking myself for eighteen months of 'ignorance'. Oh well, I'll have to wait for my next car!
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #56

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I've just done a test and it's a no go I think. Android Auto runs ok on the phone but there is nothing on the RLink screen. I've turned on Mirroring on the phone and gone through the procedures but no new buttons appear in any of the menus on RLink. Just as we thought, my car is just too early. It was worth a try I suppose, if it had worked I would be kicking myself for eighteen months of 'ignorance'. Oh well, I'll have to wait for my next car!

I'm in the same boat. I was going to hang out until 2021 for a new Kadjar, unless something else comes along I like, it was something I read somewhere that appealed to me but I can't for the life of me remember what it was! Senior moment, memory going........
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: maty307

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #57

• hadryan
  • hadryan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
PatWar duracel3634

What software version you have ? If you have  any  version before 2.2.19.300 is possible to upgrade to 3.3.16.946 and with  an OBD and software DD4all installed on laptop is possible to activate AA and carplay .

Attached pictures are from a megan IV and a kadjar  from may 2017 with software version 2.2.17.803

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by hadryan.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #58

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Impressive! I've got 2.2.19.300 of course, and anyway I don't have a degree in computer programming. Plus even if I did have an earlier version I don't know anyone who could do this for me. Pity. What's all this about wrong hardware? You are telling me that it is purely a software problem.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #59

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Impressive! I've got 2.2.19.300 of course, and anyway I don't have a degree in computer programming. Plus even if I did have an earlier version I don't know anyone who could do this for me. Pity. What's all this about wrong hardware? You are telling me that it is purely a software problem.

The manufacture date of his car would suggest the hardware is already fitted, as per the post I made the other day, does it not?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #60

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
As you said, there are two different physical devices manufactured by LG... device cost arround 50 US$ in US. According to Dialogys there is also a mirroring device under a steering wheel.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds