Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #61

• hadryan
  • hadryan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
If yesterday I say that I can not upgrade version 2.2.19.300 today I come back with new data: ANY VERSION can be upgraded to 3.3.16.946 and can be activated android auto and waze. It is necessary information about the car: VIN, variant, the existing equipment and everything is done as I said in the previous post: new soft installation, android auto activation. It can also activate video  viewing on the go, or temporarily deactivate ESP.
Is a new guy in  romania  and one in italy doing these things   at extra cost .
https://www.reno.ro/Activare-ANDROID-AUTO-R...k2-t318073.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hadryan.

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #62

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
As I have said before, any screwing around with RLink that is not Renault sanctioned is at your own risk.

I think you should do VIN check with Renault Customer Services Connectivity Dept, Tel: +44 344 369 0000  9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Mon to Fri, and they will tell you if Mirroring is possible or not.
The emailed reply I got from them certainly suggests that there are some later V2 Rlinks that may be ready for it and, if so, they may be able to help,
no harm in trying.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #63

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The Italian guy says, it is possible to update and run AndroidAuto, but not CarPlay, due to hardware restrictions.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #64

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
A while ago I also read on Italian forum that AndroidAuto can be enabled on 2.2. HW. You even do not need 3.3... Just OBD and DD4All. For most features you need DD4All... to enable it in UHC. R-Link 2 is just front mask and there enable or disable buttons which have mostly no function if are not enabled on UCH.
BTW, it would be nice to get list all features that work and can be enabled trough developer mode... Like display fan speed on R-Link2 display, maybe equilizer...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #65

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Noticed earlier that members are referencing Waze and Google Maps, what about Tomtom for your phone, Subscription is around 15.00 GBP/yr and works pretty much the same as a standalone Tomtom product.

I was running it on my tablet yesterday driving to and from Croydon and was quite impressed. Obviously you need a data link to the internet otherwise you won't get the traffic updates.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Rlink 2 developer mode 5 years 5 months ago #66

• Buder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

If yesterday I say that I can not upgrade version 2.2.19.300 today I come back with new data: ANY VERSION can be upgraded to 3.3.16.946 and can be activated android auto and waze.

I will tell you exactly how it works in about one month when I will be back in Bucharest. 
Why not TomTom? Because Waze is free! ? 

Last edit: by Buder.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds