Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #1

• Mark58n
  • Mark58n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Why does the r-link play my music alphabetically? Can the settings be changed? Even when I play songs fro a specific album they play in the wrong order. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Your tracks, does the list start with the name of the track or the Track Number, That might be relevant?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #3

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
This has been my main gripe with RLink2 since day one. It doesn't make a difference if you number the tracks or not when playing albums it always plays alphabetically. It drives me mad. I have found a way round it if your stick is all albums in folders. After Browser select Folders and then the Folder/Album you want to play. It will open in the correct order with track numbers but will go through the tracks and give the message that the format cannot be played. Press the pause button (you might have to do this several times until it stops) then press next track (arrow right) until it stops on track one. Then press play. The Album plays in the correct order. It is a hell of a faff but after a couple of times it becomes second nature. I tend to set up my day's music the night before, start track one and then open the door. Next morning it carries on as normal. If you want to change the music while under way then I'm afraid it's alphabetical order or stopping. Hope this helps.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark58n

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Every vehicle I have had, I always have the Albums in individual folders.
Each track is numbered and Rlink plays the order of the Album.
If I have all the tracks showing for all Albums, It will play each Album in Alphabetical Order and the tracks of each Album in Track Order.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark58n

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #5

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Duracel, I convert my mp3's through iTunes on my Mac. It automatically gives the track number with the title, but when trying to play normally shows up alphabetically. No matter what I do. As I wrote before I can work round it but I shouldn't need to. My previous Renault (Captur) played them correctly (MediaNav), this seems a bit dim witted and as said is really my only gripe with RLink. Do you use Windows? How do you convert your mp3s. Would it help to leave my albums as MP4a?
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

The order of music on usb 5 years 7 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Windows for me, don't touch Apple, except for a Mk1 40gb Ipod

I use Media Monkey mostly although I have used Windows Media Player or Real Player.

Usually use the software to tranfer to USB although I have done the normal copy and paste.

When your tracks are shown in Album Mode in Rlink, does it actually display the Track Number or just the title?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds