Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 7 months ago #13

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
If you've got a 68 Reg new car then you have RLink2 V3, therefore you have Apple Play and Android Auto. You'll need to download the Android Auto App from the Play Store and you'll be able to have your emails on screen. There should be info on this forum about setting it up, I've got V2 so I can't help you further.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 7 months ago #14

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there

Yes I have Android Auto and can connect via it but that means I have to have the phone cable connected to the car.  Renault say they have an email app (which I have loaded onto my  R Link  It is configured for BT internet email accounts  but all I get is "service unavailable"  or "unable to retrieve emails"  The phone is configured to allow data.  The Privacy is open on the r link and I have tried 2 different phones and email accounts all say the same

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 7 months ago #15

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I use this app. I was not abele to set it up for Gmail, because I have to loosing security on Gmail (allow less secure authentication on Gmail settings). I use it with my other mail provider and it works, but I do not see any benefit since you do not see attachments, HTML... 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 7 months ago #16

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hi there

Yes I have Android Auto and can connect via it but that means I have to have the phone cable connected to the car.  Renault say they have an email app (which I have loaded onto my  R Link  It is configured for BT internet email accounts  but all I get is "service unavailable"  or "unable to retrieve emails"  The phone is configured to allow data.  The Privacy is open on the r link and I have tried 2 different phones and email accounts all say the same

I have exactly the same problem, it did work originally when I first installed it in 2016 but now I get the same on screen messages you do.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds