Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 4 months ago #25

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The folks in our bulgarian forum are having same issues, so it is affecting probably all the vehicles in Europe. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 4 months ago #26

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I'm not so sure the email issue is down to Renault, the problem may be in my server mail settings which is affecting some devices. Just checking my theory now and will report back later.

The weather App issue is down to Renault and I have had another Email with the following:

Thank you for your reply and those pictures, I will proceed into investigating both issues.There is one last detail that I have been tasked to request from you, and I apologise for not doing it before, but it would be useful, however, to check the logs of the R-Link 2 itself, so I ask you to forward them to me on your next reply.
Please send us the logs of your R-Link 2, you can do this by following these steps:NOTE: this will delete all files in the USB stick.

1) The first step is to fully format a USB stick (with a minimum of 8 GB and maximum of 32 GB). Windows 8: Press Windows logo key + E. Windows 7: Click Start then click Computer. Windows XP: Click Start then click My Computer.
2) On the Removable Storage list find your USB stick.
3) Right click on it and select Format.
4) In File system, make sure FAT32 is selected. Also, make sure that in the Format Option, Quick Format is not ticked.
5) Press Start, and a warning will be shown which you should confirm by clicking OK.
6) Windows will now format your USB stick. When the formatting is complete, click OK then click Close.
7) Access your newly formatted USB Stick and inside it, create a folder named "logfiles_mm2014" (without the quotes).
8) Open this newly created folder and create yet another folder named "logging" (without the quotes). Remove the USB safely.
9) Take the USB Stick to the R-Link 2 device and insert it.At this point please try accessing the weather app and retrieving your e-mails.
10) After replicating the issue, take the USB Stick back to your computer and check if there are new folders/files inside the folders you created.
11) If there are, then please send us the "logfiles_mm2014" folder as a compressed ZIP file (usually you can compress by Right-Clicking on the folder and selecting "Send To > Compressed Zipped Folder").
12) If the folders are empty then please repeat all the steps from the start.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 4 months ago #27

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Weather app is working again :)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 4 months ago #28

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76

Got this from CS today

Thank you for your recent contact.Further to our conversation from yesterday I received a few details from our investigation team.It seems the issue may not be the same, since they are aware of some instability affecting the Weather app.Can you please confirm if this is the only app presenting issues? And if so did you notice if it started happening around the 23rd of November? I hope you can forgive the specificity of the question, but please rest assured we are sorry this happened and these questions are merely to pinpoint the actual issue, specially because after review your Services are functioning properly.If the weather application does show some sort of error message I ask that you send me a picture of it.When it comes to the e-mail application our team was also unable to see any problems in communications. Can you please verify if there has been any change done to the e-mail settings, and double-check if there has been no retrieval of messages?

total 2nd level tec reply. they were all asleep and want you to think they been trying to fix it from the 23rd and they want you to go away and hopefully it will fix it self in that time it takes to do what they ask LOL 

i was top level tec , network engineer the actual ones who make it all work, they have now sent an email to tell them how many complaints they have had, if its the trigger number a tec will switch off the app and then turn it back on. best advise just wait it will all be ok soon.

i have spent days with network problems systems dont talk printers wont work, all setup correctly, pull hair out as they refuse to talk to each other. leave go for a pint come in next day all working  dont know why :)
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 4 months ago #29

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorted my Email issue at the weekend, when we changed the server, not all the Ciphers were engaged, once done all working fine.

I have tried my weather app tonight and mine is working again now, not heard anything from CS yet though
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 4 years 10 months ago #30

• Kiros
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello my friend duracel3634.Can you tell me who you contact for your weather app because i have the same problem the weather app show me ''connection in holding...''.My kadjar is from Greece.If anybody now something please tell me.
I made the function ''back to general setting'' but nothing,
Thanks!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Kiros.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds