Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #109

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I wonder if this one of the issues with upgrading the pre March 2017 cars and the AA suffers because of a slower USB port?
Have you tried both USB ports?
Does AA not also connect by Bluetooth?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #110

• vlastem
  • Thank you received: 0
Not sure what was the issue but today it works fine...
Same cable, same phone...
Maybe car restart helped, because I only restart R Link after upgrade, not engine..
But not sure if that has anything to do with it..

So far, so good....

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #111

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi,

AA does not work over Bluetooth, only when cable is connected. And the cable must be of high quality (possibly the stock cable that came with the phone). I mentioned earlier that I had issues with one of the USB ports dropping the AA connection - it turned out to be due to cheap (and thin) USB-C cable I was using. Replaced the cable and thing work good.

I imagine slow and laggy AA might be due to various reasons, main ones are slow and laggy phone, bad cable, and possibly busy R-Link. Troubleshoot accordingly by rebooting the phone, resetting the R-Link and finally replace the cable. Keep in mind that AA is normally kinda slower than I'd like it to be - can't tell if its the same on newer (stock 3.3) R-Links, but I do notice slight touch response delay. Its not unusable or a deal breaker at all. I'll try to make a video one of these days and will be interested to see a video of how it performs on newer (stock 3.3) Kadjars.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatWar

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #112

• PatWar
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
My experience mirrors that of Boyko. I updated my RLink2 last week and the first couple of days it worked perfectly. Then I went and bought another cable to keep in the car and made the mistake of buying a cheap one (£6), and after working ok for a couple of hours it started dropping out. I ruled out the phone and after a bit of thought realised that the charge cable from Samsung is USB 3 and the cheapo bog standard USB 2. I then went out and bought a premium one (USB 3) and since then it works as it should. This is the first time I have seen Android Auto, let alone use it and I must say I'd always thought that the interface was the same as Apple Play, ie the screen displays your apps. I should have realised when I noticed that there is no Mirroring setting in System. I take it that is only for Apple Play. Android Auto is Google so it uses Google Maps, Music Play (thank goodness I subscribe to this), Telephone, Weather and Voice Activation. A bit limited but for me adequate. As for System 3, I can see no difference whatsoever, no more options but maybe as others have mentioned a bit slicker. Anyone still hesitating, my advice is Go For It.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #113

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

My experience mirrors that of Boyko. I updated my RLink2 last week and the first couple of days it worked perfectly. Then I went and bought another cable to keep in the car and made the mistake of buying a cheap one (£6), and after working ok for a couple of hours it started dropping out. I ruled out the phone and after a bit of thought realised that the charge cable from Samsung is USB 3 and the cheapo bog standard USB 2. I then went out and bought a premium one (USB 3) and since then it works as it should. This is the first time I have seen Android Auto, let alone use it and I must say I'd always thought that the interface was the same as Apple Play, ie the screen displays your apps. I should have realised when I noticed that there is no Mirroring setting in System. I take it that is only for Apple Play. Android Auto is Google so it uses Google Maps, Music Play (thank goodness I subscribe to this), Telephone, Weather and Voice Activation. A bit limited but for me adequate. As for System 3, I can see no difference whatsoever, no more options but maybe as others have mentioned a bit slicker. Anyone still hesitating, my advice is Go For It.

Just to add - Android Auto will display any app that supports it - for example if you have Waze installed on the phone it will be an option to choose for Navigation in Android Auto's interface, along with Maps. If you have Spotify installed on the phone you can use that instead of Google Play Music for audio playback etc. So it is not only Google apps - any other app that supports AA will work.

And also I read there are ways to mirror your phone screen to the R-Link via AA - I've never done it as I'm not interested in this but e.g. for people who have kids I believe this can be very useful (to play content for the kids while driving etc) - I think AOne is using the mirroring feature so maybe he can share the App that allows for it :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #114

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Since I've removed the limitation of watching movies on the go through ddt4all, I need nothing else :) The kids are happy, I'm happy ;) 
 But... there ain't perfect happiness... I've noticed a very annoying bug. When a movie is longer than an hour, at some point close to the end of it, the voice starts from the begging, while the picture goed on. There's no problem with shorter movies. Tried to split a long movie in two parts of 45 minutes, but the problem remained and the funny part was, now each split part had the same problem. Now my next step is to try to split it in 3 parts by 30 minutes... when find some spare time... The movies are MP4s, converted from .mkv. What's even more strange is, one of the movies has no problem...

PS: Don't mind me ;) This problem requires another thread, but I'm sure, no one knows the medicine...
PS2: Before I used Carplay, but when AndroidAuto went over version 3, the app had a newer version which required root and than I sopped using it... 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds