Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #115

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

For external temperature to be displayed on the Dash screen (make sure to disable the flower in R-Link settings or they will overlap):
Cluster ECU
Cluster_15-40_v3.30.02
Ecrans Configuration
Conf Prestations VEH
TemperatureUnit_CF
Change value to "External Temp. Meassurement and Display"
Confirm with "Temperature exterieure"
Apply with "Reset SW : 11 03"

Well... that took me a little longer (30 minutes) until I found out it's in "Tableau de bord", which is abbreviated to only TDB. Phew...
So, it should be:
TDB>
Cluster_15-40_v3.30.02>
Ecrans Configuration>
Conf Prestations VEH>
TemperatureUnit_CF
Change value to "External Temp. Meassurement and Display"
Confirm with "Temperature exterieure"
Apply with "Reset SW : 11 03

Afterwards, the theme of the speedometer was reset to default. Luckily, no other unwanted changes. What surprised me, was I saw for the first time text on screen "ESC on" for couple of seconds, which I don't remember seeing before. 

I've noticed something curious: Language_CF is set to Romanian?!? What is this setting supposed to be and why in Romanian? (Car bought from Bulgaria, RLink language is English and currently in Austria)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #116

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Sorry I should have added that "Cluster ECU" is generic - I think it varies per vehicle - for some it may be TBD, for others something else, best to rely on what is discovered by ddt4all's search function and work with whatever Cluster ECU it finds.

Applying this setting did not reset the theme to default for me - it remained as I have set it previously, no change. But then I should add that the temperature reading did not appear for me until the next morning for some reason.. And I did try everything including turning off the car and locking and leaving it for a while and then came back and it wasn't there so I thought it just didn't work, and in the morning it was there - go figure :) so keep in mind this one's tricky.

One more thing to add is that ddt4all did not discover my cluster ECU as supported - I checked the logs and they had a records which said there was no suitable ECU file for my particular ECU model etc. So I worked with the "Kadjar" ECUs from the list.

About Language_CF - it is Romanian for me too but I thought that was because of the firmware upgrade file that we all used to go from 2.2 to 3.3, which has Romanian origin. But now it seems this was not the case.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #117

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's the same for me. I also found out (the first time) it must be browsed from the ECU's found and that's how I tried to find it this time with no avail. Finally decided to search through the tree (as described in forums) and surprise!!! - this time it worked as shown there (The first time, when changing the taillights settings it was as you described, so it's really tricky). In my case, the temperature reading appeared immediately after pressing "Reset SW 11.03" button as the engine was working, so didn't even had to restart the RLink. Funny story is the RLink world :D :D :D
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #118

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Since I've removed the limitation of watching movies on the go through ddt4all, I need nothing else :) The kids are happy, I'm happy ;) 
 But... there ain't perfect happiness... I've noticed a very annoying bug. When a movie is longer than an hour, at some point close to the end of it, the voice starts from the begging, while the picture goed on. There's no problem with shorter movies. Tried to split a long movie in two parts of 45 minutes, but the problem remained and the funny part was, now each split part had the same problem. Now my next step is to try to split it in 3 parts by 30 minutes... when find some spare time... The movies are MP4s, converted from .mkv. What's even more strange is, one of the movies has no problem...

PS: Don't mind me ;) This problem requires another thread, but I'm sure, no one knows the medicine...
PS2: Before I used Carplay, but when AndroidAuto went over version 3, the app had a newer version which required root and than I sopped using it... 

Problem solved - Splitted the movie in 3 parts (each approx. 30 mins) and all good now... (Used MP4Splitter)

Last edit: by AOne.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #119

• vlastem
  • Thank you received: 0
Not sure is it me, but it seams like quality on AA (lets say Deezer) is worse than it is when I play it via Bluetooth.
I hear quite a difference...

I have Bose edition, so its important :)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #120

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I'm considering putting an Article together with ddt4all as the subject matter.
Are any of you prepared to provide pictures and technical information to me so I can put something together for other members? Pictures/Video would need to be emailed to me.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds