Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #127

• franeti
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, thanks. I wait your news.

I hope everybody can get carplay only changing the usbs ports. Yes we can! lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #128

• revi
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it a good idea to update the maps through R-link store before going to the 3.3 upgrade or is there no difference?

Furthermore, if we could find a firmware rollback it would be great for reversing all potential issues with the upgrade.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #129

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Is it a good idea to update the maps through R-link store before going to the 3.3 upgrade or is there no difference?

Furthermore, if we could find a firmware rollback it would be great for reversing all potential issues with the upgrade.

I would update the map first - just in case, as I've not heard of anybody who did it after going to 3.3.

I've also not heard of anybody having any issues with the upgrade besides the known issues that were discussed here (like the cam guidelines).

Also, there are downgrade files available (for people willing to lose their AA functionality) - I've seen some in the facebook group d/l page, but I believe there are various available on different forums.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #130

• Jerzy
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

Just updated my R-Link, Kadjar from 2015, no problem, little bit of fingering to enable developer mode.
I had old maps, but after software update I could get newest maps from Renault website.
Just insert empty USB Fat32 for a minute in to console then get download manager from Renault install it on PC insert USB it will recognise model number and show you available map updates and applications in my case it showed me newest maps from 2017 published October 2018
Kadjar 1.2 Tce, Dynamique Nav 2015, R-link updated to 3.3, Android Auto activated
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Last edit: by Jerzy.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #131

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

I found an article from Korean guy. On short; changing console module, R-Link2 with 3.3.xxx and boot version higher then 4859 do the trick. But I am not sure if this works on Ver1. hardware (base SW 2.2.xxx)
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #132

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
So, finally encourageand upgrade myself too... Went smoothly, finished in 5 minutes... Lost
favorites on navigation and that is all. 
Guys, you said have a problems with guidelines for reversecamera? And that the suggested value just approximately solve the problem? What
about this? Just play with different values...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.

2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: by Robertp.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds