Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #31

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Don’t think so... in each zip is also checksum... if it was so simple then you would succeed with upgrade...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #32

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Don’t think so... in each zip is also checksum... if it was so simple then you would succeed with upgrade...

Please stop being so ignorant - I think I've seen you arguing with other guys here, its not helping :)

You can go ahead and check for yourself - here's the d/l link for the 3.3.16.960 zip, anybody can download it without entering their VIN: http://rvehconnecte.renault.com.frontcdn.lbn.fr/3-3-16-960/R-LINK.zip
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #33

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK then. 
Just answer on two simple questions:
1. Why uour upgrade failed if it is so easy and Buder (I think) reports that local guys upgraded from latest 2.2.x firmware succesfully to 3.3.x? Why then he needs to provide VIN and wait to build?
2. If it is so simple why just don’t C/P latest maps?

Yes, I like to understand process on back what do you actually need to do upgrade your device... wherebis the catch...

If you feel attacked I am sorry but not my problem to share reasonable doubt.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #34

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

OK then. 
Just answer on two simple questions:
1. Why uour upgrade failed if it is so easy and Buder (I think) reports that local guys upgraded from latest 2.2.x firmware succesfully to 3.3.x? Why then he needs to provide VIN and wait to build?
2. If it is so simple why just don’t C/P latest maps?

Yes, I like to understand process on back what do you actually need to do upgrade your device... wherebis the catch...

If you feel attacked I am sorry but not my problem to share reasonable doubt.

Sure, let me spend my time on Christmas to answer your two simple questions, even though I already answered them twice in my last few posts.

1. I never said its easy - quite the opposite - I shared that its not as easy as flashing the 3.3 zip on top of 2.2 hardware. As I already showed you - anybody can download the 3.3 upgrade files without providing VIN, so the ZIP archive is not built specifically for the vehicle, and definitely not based on its VIN. The VIN is most likely only used to identify which generation of RLINK unit is to be updated so the corresponding software is then offered for download. I hope you manage to get it this time.

2. I honestly do not understand your question, nor do I get how is maps related to the topic of this thread.

Now that we got this cleared: I'm looking for a way to extract the lgu files in order to check the parser_openupgradefile hook. Already tried the lgu2dir tools but they're not working with the current LG upgrade files. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to share :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #35

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Must we argue to agree we wnt to find out same thing?  :)

Merry Christmas... 

What I found is that not any WiFi ELM 327 adapter is good and also that ddt4all continuosly is upgraded... So I think that sharing information on how is not something threating only guy in Romania... Insuppose we will never be competition... too far away and a pool is big enough...

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #36

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
As I read yesterday in the italian Megane IV Facebook group, the guys from Romania and France are releasing a free tool/description on how to do the upgrade yourself. So, soon enough there would be feedback on how easy or successful the task is...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds