Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #49

• Hongliang
  • Thank you received: 3

I can confirm that it works! :) I'm now on 3.3.16.961!

I have not yet activated AA, but the upgrade is seamless - no issues whatsoever. Will report more laters.

Hi Boyka, did you use the italian form link to download the files and update by yourself? No need to give anyone your VIN to verify? No other equipment required other than a usb stick with the downloaded files?

I am really excited about this prospect yet a little afraid that something might go wrong with updating my 2016 2.2x version Kadjar 1.5dci. Doesn't help that I'm in singapore which is impossible to drive up to romania or italy to get help should anything happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #50

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Yes I downloaded the pdf file from the Italian forum, then just followed the instructions - downloaded the upgrade zip archive file, extracted on to a usb stick, plugged the stick to R-Link and followed the on-screen dialogs to update. Then I continued with the rest of the instructions in the pdf file - enabled debug mode, enabled AA. It was a relatively simple procedure - the pdf document is very detailed and has all the required info.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #51

• arkoko
  • Thank you received: 4

the degrees celsius sign in the upper right corner is now blinking (maybe only when its cold / below certain threshold?)

It blinking with 2.2.x as well if temperature is about of zero (+/- 3, I think). It's kind of the black ice warning.
Kadjar Intens Energy "Flame Red" 1,5dCi EDC (2017)

Last edit: by arkoko.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #52

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

the degrees celsius sign in the upper right corner is now blinking (maybe only when its cold / below certain threshold?)

It blinking with 2.2.x as well if temperature is about of zero (+/- 3, I think). It's kind of the black ice warning.

I don't remember it blinking before - anyway, can't tell anymore as I got used to the way it is Atm :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #53

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I am left with one thought: I have only respect for the members who are researching and indeed following through with this upgrade, my problem is I only understand about 40% of what they are writing about. Is there not in the UK someone who has been doing his own work on this project and can offer the same kind of service that members can get in Rumania/Italy et al. Where are all the British whizz kids (who own Kadjars obviously).

At this point you don't really need anyone local to provide the upgrade as a service. At the URL that Mario90 shared there is a well written PDF document that includes all the instructions to upgrade a car. It is a matter of putting the files on a usb stick and plug it to the car. For anything that you're not sure or have doubts about please ask here and I'll try to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatWar

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #54

• Dolph
  • Thank you received: 4
I've tried to download the file from the Italian site but the download has experied. Can any one please send me the files or re-direct me to a valid link to the files for the upgrade?

Happy New Year to all

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds