Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 2 years 1 day ago #607

• traganeus
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello guys, I've just purchased an used Kadjar 2016. The software version of Rlink is 2.2.15.703 and I'm experiencing problem with bluetooth connection and my Samsung S22 Ultra. It keeps connect and disconnect continuously. Can I at least update the version to 2.2.19.xxx by myself or I have to go at a dealership? I checked my VIN number at https://renault-connect.renault.co.uk/ and it sais that "Your system does not require any updates."

Please can someone help me? It is very frustrating that i cannot connect my phone and use it safely while I'm driving

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 2 years 1 day ago #608

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hello

read this: https://lisandru.eu/automotive/r-link/r-link-software-updates.html?amp
and 
this: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/files-319/1612317169_Update20RLINK20tutorial_ENG.pdf
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 2 years 1 day ago #609

• traganeus
Sadly the pdf mentions tin some point that *versions 2.2.15.703 and 3.3.15.41x are NOT updatable manually but only at the Renault workshop. So I will try my luck to my local dealerhsip

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 11 months ago #610

• nocluescot
any luck at your dealer! what thy charge for teh update?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 11 months ago #611

• traganeus

any luck at your dealer! what thy charge for teh update?

Nothing at all. I know a lot more about rlink update than the guy who is responsible for these type of jobs. He first checked my VIN number at renault-connect, which returns that there is no updates for my vehicle. I explained to him that I searched every possible way to update it myself and that the specific version of my rlink can only updated by the dealer. I've printed the page from https://www.gps-rlink.com/r-link-2/update-software/ and told him to look the versions of rlink but he didnt want to check it. So I left and he took my vin number in order to contact the central Renault dealer in Athens and ask the technicians if they know how to update it. Tomorrow i will give him a call to check. I think that I must send an email to Renault France in order to do the job. 

Is there any 3rd party hardware that i can buy and plug it in, in order to bypass rlink and have android auto to my vehicle?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 1 year 11 months ago #612

• traganeus
Guys I am very angry. I went to another dealership of Renault 200 km far from my town, the said in two hours we will be ready. The result is after 3 hours, the update failed and now my Rlink has extra issues. When I put reverse the camera never shows up, the parking sensors around the car don't work and the informations of eco system are all 0.
I took the car and I will take it back and leave it until they fix it. 

​​​​​​Does anyone knows any trick to fix the issue? 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds