Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #73

• hadryan
  • Thank you received: 2
unzip and use this, is 0 but work for me

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hadryan.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #74

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
File is OK.
So as per instructions, first navigate to proper menu, then load USB stick into USB 1 slot. 
Then tap on edge of upper corner (almost feal plastic frame) once and then start taping on lover corner. Same thing, on the edge, must almost fel plastic frame. Be aware to do this continuosly, mean that time interval between taps must be 1 sec (1 sec press and 1 sec pause) and taping in corners must be continuosly (taop in upper corner, pause, tape in over corner). Usually (in my case) less then 10 taps is enough to enter DEBUG mode. Alway with this procedure.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #75

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
SUCCESS!! I finally managed to enter Developer Mode and change the permissions. Android Auto is now up and running, thanks in no small terms to Boyko, Duracel and especially Robertp. I hadn't been doing anything wrong, I think it was all to do with the presses. In the end I went on YouTube and watched a video and tried again. After 12 presses I was about to lose the will to live when the screen went blank and voila, in I was. Great. I don't know if version 3 is any different to version 2 but will have a look around in the next couple of days. Again Thanks to all.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #76

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Just to recap PatWar, what month was your car manufactured and did you ever speak to Renault Connections Team at all to actually find out if your can was compatible? My understanding was that any vehicle manufactured before early 2017 was not compatible?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #77

• Hongliang
  • Thank you received: 3
Happy new year! I finally decided to go ahead with the update today after deliberating due to worry of screwing up. The update went flawlessly on my Singaporean kadjar. Getting into developer mode was a little tricky and I tried many times before succeeding.

AA works fine on my kadjar so far. Some differences I noticed is that version 3 is smoother than version 2 in touch responsiveness. It seems to take a little longer to boot compared to version 2 when you open the doors and get in the car. The voice command button, when not in android auto mode has been changed to a smart phone Bluetooth voice activation function which I think is not working as it should be? Does any one know about that? When you cycle through the dash board top right display options from the steering wheel right controls, there seems to be this new mode showing the direction which your car is heading to in terms of north as the 12 o clock position. 

Since I have never really used the rlink voice activated commands anyway, it’s not much of a loss in function. The google voice commands works properly though. 

Anyone else noticed any new changes as well other than the ones Boyko and I have shared? Does anyone know how to rectify the non AA voice command activation bug, perhaps through some setting or something in developer mode?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #78

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Duracel, I didn't contact the Renault Connections Team, instead I used the Russian Website I found on these pages (only used it once, can't find the link). All one does is enter the ViN number and it shows you all the info you want (in English). My car was manufactured in March 2017.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds