Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #79

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hi Duracel, I didn't contact the Renault Connections Team, instead I used the Russian Website I found on these pages (only used it once, can't find the link). All one does is enter the ViN number and it shows you all the info you want (in English). My car was manufactured in March 2017.

That would certainly put it in the Cross Over Point as I seem to remember pre March 17 was not possible to update.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #80

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
That's what I thought too, although there are members on here who have upgraded to version 3 whose cars were quite a bit older. If you haven't already done it, take the plunge.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #81

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
As I know member Buder has one o the first Kadjars (2015 or 2016).
And as far as I understand upgrade to 3.3 is possible on all old devices, but only on certain devices in Scenic 4/Megane 4 CarPlay also works because hardware is newer than in old version. So you just need to enable it. AA works on all platforms.
And as I research, CarPlay needs advanced USB which first generations of R-Link2 devices does not have it. And because of that (except a SW tweak which will emulate right USB) CarPlay will not work.
I will soon upgrade mine R-Link2  (Kadjar is January 2016) and can report.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #82

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

As I know member Buder has one o the first Kadjars (2015 or 2016).
And as far as I understand upgrade to 3.3 is possible on all old devices, but only on certain devices in Scenic 4/Megane 4 CarPlay also works because hardware is newer than in old version. So you just need to enable it. AA works on all platforms.
And as I research, CarPlay needs advanced USB which first generations of R-Link2 devices does not have it. And because of that (except a SW tweak which will emulate right USB) CarPlay will not work.
I will soon upgrade mine R-Link2  (Kadjar is January 2016) and can report.

It will be interesting to hear your results, mine was built March 2016
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #83

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Results are positive  :)
What goes wrong after the update is the reverse camera (the guide lines are somehow missaligned) and the voice control button (when pressed, activates Google assistant, instead of RLINK robot stuff).
  All the live services and updates work and you can even have the option to downgrade to version 2.×
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #84

• Hongliang
  • Thank you received: 3

Results are positive  :)
What goes wrong after the update is the reverse camera (the guide lines are somehow missaligned) and the voice control button (when pressed, activates Google assistant, instead of RLINK robot stuff).
  All the live services and updates work and you can even have the option to downgrade to version 2.×

Hi AOne, out of curiousity, how do you downgrade back to version 2 again?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds