Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #97

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
As I said... hardware support. 
Problem is in USB port of device (r-link). As per experience on VAG with older devices, also USB port must be replaced to be compatible with Apple. As the time of presenting first generation of R-Link2 device there were no standards for Apple CarPlay jet.
Only way would be that developers do emulation for CarPlay protocol on USB. Like in old times of DOS and TSR programs to control ports.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #98

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Boyko

can you pass me link to this article on forum you find?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #99

• ryanfitz1981
  • Thank you received: 2
Just want to say a massive thank you. I managed to upgrade my early 2017 Bose kadjar today with no problems. The hardest part was getting into developer mode!

Thanks everyone.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #100

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
For you and me both, Ryan.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #101

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Boyko

can you pass me link to this article on forum you find?

Sure but which article? The 52.20 setting for the cam is from the facebook group "megane 4 friends" (its Italian).

Now that I got my hands on OBD / ddt4all I applied a few more mods to my car such as:

- enabled the always-on LED taillights (they're now active along with front DRL) - this one was mentioned by AOne not long ago but I didn't pay attention then :) its a nice one, especially since I got read-ended 2 times in the past couple of years and I always had the impression that the rear lights are "invisible" for drivers behind me
- enabled temperature reading on the dash screen, because when AA is active there is no temperature displayed on the R-Link screen; this one overlaps with the driving style indicator (the "flower") in the lower left corner of the dashboard, which I disabled; so its a trade - I personally prefer temp reading instead of the flower

If anyone is interested in these mods and you can't find them over the net let me know and I'll share the ddt4all settings paths.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Last edit: by Boyko.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 2 months ago #102

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well thank you.

Please share. As you can see in one of my previous post there is a link on YouTube channel for some modifications. Kadjar is mine.
We try to change parameters on Line distance warning, but it does not work. It accept lower values (speeds), write it, but ignore it. Either has hardcodec minimal speed or instructions are not complete.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds