Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 7 months ago #1

• IceF
  • IceF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I got quite strange issue. Few days ago when I turned on the car and turned the radio on, the sound was so loud that I had to turn off the radio right away. It was so loud that sound was "rambling" like when you turn the volume to max.
The strange thing is that volume was set to 3 bars. ( levels). I'v set it to 1 bar /level but it was still loud and you can hear how the sound is not fluid/clear. Its cracking and rambling all the time. Like when you are out of the signal with your radio.

If I turn the car off, wait until everything turns off and then turn the car back again, everything is normal again. The issue happens sporadically so I can't figure out if its something I do when turning the car on that triggers this.
I tried updating r-link to latest version but it didn't help.
I tried to google around, but wasn't able to find anyone with problem like this ( or I googled wrong words).

Did anyone experience issue like this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 7 months ago #2

• gjx1990
Hi, I’ve had this issue also. There doesn’t seem to be a set thing that causes it. It’s so loud and muffled. Same as you switching the car off completely, waiting, opening and closing the door usually fixes it.

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 7 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Just wondering whether it is possible to provide a sound clip to share?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 7 months ago #4

• IceF
Hi,

Sorry for delay but since I still didnt figure out how to reproduce the problem when I want, I had to wait until it happened and then record itd.

Here is the video with the issue

As you can hear the sound is distorted and very loud even if the volume settings are set to low.

I can say for sure that it has nothing to do with how long the car/radio was working. Once it happened when I just stopped at the shop and get back in the gar after 5min. Second time it happened when I turned the car on after it was parked in garage for 2 days.
Only thing that helps is turning the car off, locking it and leaving it like that for some time ( cant say for how long).

Let me know if you would have problem accessing the vide on the links above and Ill upload them to some other service.

Last edit: by IceF.

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 7 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I haven't looked at the video but you would do better to upload the videos to Youtube and link them here so they can be watched here. Surfers obviously practice caution downloading something from an unknown person because they don't want viruses and I'm sure you would do the same, use Youtube every time.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

R-Link to loud radio sound when turning on the car 4 years 6 months ago #6

• IceF
Hi,

Sorry for delay again.
Here are two videos on the youtube where you can hear the problem

Is there any email on which I can report "bug" in software to the renault ?
I think this has something to do with the distance sensor sound. e.g. if I leave car near some obstacle and then turn the car on. As if the computer mixes sound/volume used for the obstacle sensors and the radio. But this is just theory because Im really having hard time to reproduce this problem on my own.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds