Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 3 years 5 days ago #31

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
For your info...maps are either 2020-12 or even 2021-01 (some of them, you can find which after installing and examin wds file with sku creator)
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 2 years 5 months ago #32

• Apostolos
  • Thank you received: 0

frpm greek renault club updating rlink

"Good news, lads! I have finally and luckily found a guy who actually was able to help me with upgrade of R-Link 2 to version 8 (even if my dealer was saying this is the most actual one in my car), which among other things resolves:

- CarPlay full-screen
- sharper graphics
- faster response

If you are interested in updating, here is how to do it:

1. Download v8 firmware from here: https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2XxAcRBlXOwT2fOTnxdrEpn9mTVOABO16vr1xSgTp8EflE6ZQHlfLoL5M#!V64ERIaD!OZttk63QBzh0jPlb6xI9umG_c2DJ8PfPCaFZ5gyBFdk

2. Take at least 16 GB USB drive. Make sure that it is empty and formatted with FAT32 file system.

3. Go to car, start the engine, plug the USB and wait 2-3 minutes.

4. Turn off the engine, remove USB, go to your PC.

5. Plugin USB to your PC, you will see there 2 folders.

6. Extract (with WinZip or WinRAR) firmware you have downloaded from the link above.

7. Copy extracted files onto USB inside the folder named R-Link.

8. Remove the USB, go back to your car.

9. Start the engine, plugin the USB and let the R-Link recognize update for FW. Do not turn off the engine and make sure that car is running all the time.

10. When asked to update, select yes and let it do its thing. It may take up to 20 minutes (in my case it was about 5). Do not panic when everything goes black. This is fine and normal behavior.

11. Once everything is completed, R-Link will start on its own and everything will go back to normal.

12. After moment, you will be informed that update went fine and if you wish to remove FW file from USB. This means that your work is done and you are running v8 on your R-Link.

13. Remove the USB file and enjoy."

Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum and its my first post.

I bought before a week a Renault Kadjar 1.2 tce mod.2016. It had version:2.2.15.703. It had problem connecting with my Samsung Fold3 so i decided (wrong decision, finally) to update it with this process.

I manage to finish the update. The version now is: 8.0.32.501. It is working...but:

- The thermometer fails. It is shows dashes and F instead of C like before.
- Parking sensors are dead (although in the settings are ON)
- The ECO app doesn't work. It is shown dashes
- Lane Assistant doesn't make sound
- My phone is connected and it works fine but i can hear voice in calls. (Music plays perfect).
- The contrast light on the dash monitor and on the main monitor is setting automatically to 30%. Although i set it to 100% it going back to 30% after some secs.

I didn't like all that and i made a second serious mistake and through the development mode i pushed the virgination button. The R-Link2 stop working (black screen at all)

I went to a dealer and he managed to set it on again but in 8.0.32.501 again with the same problems and 2 more. One is that the R-Link Store does not connect. And the second is that when I am inserting a blank USB in order to put it in my PC (Toolbox), it creates one file and an empty Folder called R-Link. If I press the ON/OFF button to reset it, the monitor stop working. (The garage tried that).

I 've made an appointment to the central Renault deal in two weeks, and i hope to make it work.

If you have any idea, is more than welcome.

So be careful with that.

Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 2 years 5 months ago #33

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
First mistake will cost you changing of your device. I really do not have energy to explain over and over what happened and why don’t do upgrade to V7 by yourself. As far as I know there is no way to bring your device back to normal… since your dealer also has no clue what to do. He could try to do official upgrade to V 7.0.x whit proper programing of MICOM (boot partition) which you failed since you do not have access to Renault servers nor procedures with Can Clip. All other messing is just a waste of time ends in changing device. And If you use used it must be proper set it before taken off from donator car…
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 2 years 5 months ago #34

• Apostolos
Thank you for your reply.
I will wait to see if the dealer can fix it.

Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 1 year 9 months ago #35

• ssp3
Wish I had read this thread before upgrading to v8 out of desperation. I have exactly the same problems as described......
unit won’t switch off unless I walk away from the car
no sound from lane warning
no air temperature
no front or rear parking sensors at all
plus a few minor setting that refuse to change !

I know this question has been asked before but has anyone been able to downgrade or fix the above problems?
My local Renault dealer is extremely unhelpful. Any info would be most helpful.

Unofficial updates - firmware and maps 1 year 9 months ago #36

• luci1606
Hi all, i have an 2016 Kadjar 1.5  on which I made the update to 3.3 and activated Android Auto with the tutorial and files found here. All went fine from first try. The only problem i have is that the voice from the built navigation is missing.
 Can you help me?
 I can't find any tutorial how to resolve this and files to update to a newer map. 
 Tnaks Lucian 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds