TOPIC:

R Link 2 Set up 5 years 10 months ago #1

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
The Kadjar is still a dream drive no issues there setting up the R Link 2 , however, was a frustrating affair . I hope the following helps others when their long waits are over , because there's sweet FA help on the R Link site :-
Initially I connected to the R Link store from the vehicle and the display told me it would take 72 hours to register R Link . In fact , I received a message that it had registered ( on My R Link ) within 24 hours: no problem there  

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The next step was to register my car at My Renault online . This was done and it gave me a link to the R Link store and here's where the fun started . You have to create an account on the R Link store the usual stuff name address e mail and password and the VIN Number of the car , the next page asks you for the serial number of the R Link . This can be found on the R Link / System /Swipe to second page  > system information  and HUID is the serial number . I duly copied this into the web page and it was rejected . There is a second method described which involves inserting a USB key in the car leave it for a few minutes , remove it and then inserting it in your PC and R Link Download manager should read the serial number and enter it for you . This doesn't work . The problem is R Link Download Manager doesn't show on the web page anywhere so it doesn't read your serial number , the reason being,Download Manager only appears when you've actually created the account , but because you can't enter the serial number you can't create an account ....WTF !!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway , the solution is this  you find your HUID ( serial ) number on the R Link but youOMIT the first three letters ,in my case CAP , the serial  number is recognized at which point you wait for a validation e mail from Renault and you are in.
You may have further issues once you've got access to download manager . It will ask you for a location to download your updates to ,if any but the program will not see your USB key . I my case this was because I use Windows !0 and use either the Edge or Chrome Browsers neither of which support Java plug ins . You will need to use an earlier version of Internet Explorer ( 11 is fine)  ,FireFox,Safari basically anything that supports Java 
After all this there weren't any updates anyway 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

this is the way transfer posts over from a member, the first post in a topic usually holds all the information, we don't need all the thanks, posts just the info 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: barracuda1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R Link 2 Set up 5 years 10 months ago #2

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17
You can also check this link out, the method is the same no matter what version number you have, this is for information on how to do updates manually.

https://www.gps-rlink.com/r-link-2/r-link-2-install-an-update-yourself/
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shedder101

R Link 2 Set up 5 years 10 months ago #3

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds