Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #1

• trampek
  • trampek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
For those of you who have replaced the USB socket/box to an Apple CarPlay compatible one, how the hell did you manage to remove the fitted one? It's totally stuck. Am I supposed to remove all the trims on the front to access it from the back and unclip it? Feels like it should be able to snap out but it sits rock solid in its place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by trampek.

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I was under the impression that a USB socket change is not going to give you Apple Car Play option, it is all about the power supply to the socket, but I might be wrong
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #3

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
As Duracell says, the headunit is responsible for providing information power to the USB socket, so changing the socket won’t help.
I haven’t come across anyone who has successfully achieved CarPlay on an earlier model, there was some suggestion of replacing the headunit, but you would need renault to code it to the vehicle, which they won’t do.

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

As Duracell says, the headunit is responsible for providing information power to the USB socket, so changing the socket won’t help.
I haven’t come across anyone who has successfully achieved CarPlay on an earlier model, there was some suggestion of replacing the headunit, but you would need renault to code it to the vehicle, which they won’t do.

Just to bring everyone up to date on the post from trampek, had a discussion with him on Chat and discovered the following that was not included in the original post:

2016 Kadjar
Rlink unit was replaced
Has V9 installed
Wants to have both Android Auto (AA) and Apple Car Play (ACP) running
Have explained the power situation to him and that a USB socket is a USB socket regardless and it is all about the power to the socket from the Rlink unit.

As I have had my unit replaced and have V9 installed running AA, which I had to activate myself due to Renault procedures, I did point out there was an option to activate ACP in Developers Mode, think he is going to use OBC2. I have obviously pointed out that care should be taken when using OBC2 or Developers mode.

Has anyone in this Forum actually successfully activated ACP on a Replacement RLink unit running V3, V7, or V9 firmware in a Kadjar that 2017 or earlier?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
My understanding of ACP activation. For ACP you need a special chip on USB port (let's call it licencse). USB front panel on models before V3 3.3.16.x (or even with V3) has different part number as on that latter models. Maybe just voltage maybe is with chip also. For ACP you need more then 1A of output.
I suspect you need both; new unit and also new front USB ports. I have also activated ACP on mine device (early 2016) and using original Apple try to open open ACP and throw up error.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #6

• trampek
  • trampek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Duracel for clarifying this post and my question.

So yes, I have a new R-Link (v9.x) mounted in my car.

1. I have a new USB front panel that should be ACP compatible. Have not tried with my old one yet (see point below). But would still need some tips on how to remove the old one. I scratched the trim around pretty badly when trying to pry it using a knife. :)

2. I tried using DDT4All but cannot find proper version for my ECU. Has anyone seen a v9.x compatible one? The ones I see in the software are up to v3.x only. Cannot connect to enable AA/ACP unless I have the proper version I suppose.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds