Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 10 months ago #13

• trampek
  • trampek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Check your version against mine in the signature below.

Also I assume the DEBUG stuff on your stick is all correct?

We run the same version, but trust me it's impossible. :) I can send you a 2 hour long video recording of when I try with different stylus pens, different time intervals between taps, etc.

The USB should be fine as well. The one thing I noticed though is that there is new R-Link folder created as soon as I plug in the USB. It's used by the R-Link tool on the computer to identify car, I know, but I'm not sure this folder was created on my old R-Link system? The DEBUG folder with the empty file in it is in place though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 10 months ago #14

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
That is so strange that you're not able to get into Developers Mode, are there any other issues relating to the settings in the car since the replacement unit? I ask this as when mine was done just before we all went into lockdown, the first download of firmware at the Dealer was corrupt, it was operational but there were some problems that I can't remember what they were, other my climate control was not working.

I have tried to get back into mine and I still can, went straight in first time. The second time I did it, for filming a demo, did not go in first time however I started doing the screen tap sequence again and I got entry not long after I started the sequence.

I have created a new stick that I downloaded the DEBUG from this site and extracted it straight onto the stick and I have also added a couple of videos and some photos to the route directory

Here is my Demo Video using a Tablet Pen I got as a free gift with screen protectors

Hope all this is of help to you
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: trampek, Grizzly

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 10 months ago #15

• trampek
Duracel, you're my true hero!! :)

I finally got it working. Had a look at your instructions, changed to a different USB stick and followed your clicks exactly as in your video.. and it worked!! Damn, I'm so grateful for your efforts in helping me out. Android Auto working like a charm as well now! I'll try to connect my wife's iPhone tomorrow and see if that works. If not, I'll try to replace the USB socket (assuming I'll be able to pull out the one installed now which isn't as simple as I would like). But most important is that AA is working and I can finally have some good sleep without thinking of why the debug menu won't show.

Once again, thanks a lot mate!!

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 10 months ago #16

• trampek
Yes, finally got it working thanks to your instructions in the other thread. :)

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 10 months ago #17

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Duracel, you're my true hero!! :)

I finally got it working. Had a look at your instructions, changed to a different USB stick and followed your clicks exactly as in your video.. and it worked!! Damn, I'm so grateful for your efforts in helping me out. Android Auto working like a charm as well now! I'll try to connect my wife's iPhone tomorrow and see if that works. If not, I'll try to replace the USB socket (assuming I'll be able to pull out the one installed now which isn't as simple as I would like). But most important is that AA is working and I can finally have some good sleep without thinking of why the debug menu won't show.

Once again, thanks a lot mate!!

I'm pleased I could be of help, I know how frustrating it can be to not get into Developers Mode, I had the same issue in the early days of the car until I saw a demonstration of someone using the Tablet Pen and I have never looked back.

I will be interested to hear the outcome with regards to your wife's IPhone and don't forget there is a Smartphone button, which comes with V9, in the regular menu system, NOT Developers mode, that does something for Apple phones only. Obviously I am of the belief that you still need to activate ACP in Developers Mode to start with.

If successful with the activation of ACP, I would be interested to know the limitations, only connect by the use of the USB cable or can use wirelessly.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #18

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Guys... I don't understand all your frustrations... I use one old, reliable USB key of 1 GB only for DEBUG folder. And this week I enter in developer menu on new V9 device without any problem (with fingers, 2 taps on left and 10-13 on right) at least 2 times. Enable AA on Talisman. Must say, menus a bit different then in manuals, but if you know what no problem.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds