Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #7

• trampek
  • trampek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have an R-Link 2 v9.x and while I managed to enter the developer menu using USB stick on my previous R-Link 2 hardware (running v2.x), it doesn't seem possible on the v9.x using the same method. Has anyone managed to do this? Have they changed/disabled this possibility?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #8

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I would suggest going through Developers mode, I used that option for activating AA. The hardest part is getting into it using fingers so resorted to the pen I use for my tablet.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #9

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I used that option for activating AA. The hardest part is getting into it using fingers so resorted to the pen I use for my tablet. I did have to start the corners of the screen sequence again as I did not get into Dev Mode straight away the first time.

For the purposes of your own Android phone, use the original charging lead in the USB port as a lot of the substitute leads don't seem to activate AA when the phone is plugged in.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
The following user(s) said Thank You: trampek

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #10

• trampek
  • trampek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

I would suggest going through Developers mode, I used that option for activating AA. The hardest part is getting into it using fingers so resorted to the pen I use for my tablet.

Sure, but it seems impossible to get into developers mode on v9.x. When I had the v2.x revision, I was able to enter developers mode 9 times out of 10 using a pen. Now I've tried a dozen times and it simply doesn't enter the dev mode. That makes me wonder if they changed/removed the way of doing it in latest software.

Last edit: by trampek.

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #11

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Check your version against mine in the signature below.

Also I assume the DEBUG stuff on your stick is all correct?

Developer menu on R-Link 2 v9.x 3 years 9 months ago #12

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I had my H/U replaced last year and found it impossible to enter developers mode, it was so easy on the old one.
I got a stylus from the pound shop of all places, works every time using it. Must be the locations are more accurate and not compatible with finger ends!

Which part of the menu is AA/ACP in the dev mode please?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds