Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

R-Link Complaints 5 years 8 months ago #1

• david.parrott
  • david.parrott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi all,

Coming to this one off the back of some discussion in the Kadjar vs Qashqai thread. There's a whole lot of complaining in there and some mentions of v2 vs v3 of R-Link.

I've recently got a Kadjar, registered end 2015, upgraded it myself to 2.2.19.300 and honestly haven't really had any real problems with it.

What actually are the real complaints? I know v3 comes with the carplay/android auto but is that what all the complaints are really about?
2015 Flame Red Signature Nav 1.2 TCe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R-Link Complaints 5 years 8 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I'm with david.parrot I have upgraded to the same Firmware myself and have not noticed any further issues and the previous issues have disappeared. What did amuse me was when I went for the second service this year, my dealer did not recognise the self installed Firmware version. The most up to date version recognised by the dealer ended .803, guess communication from RUK to dealers is not good or dealers don't read info.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634. Reason: Typo errors

R-Link Complaints 5 years 8 months ago #3

• david.parrott
So given the lack of complaints I guess with the 2.2.19.300 update it's all fine?

The only real annoyance I've found, and it's a minor one, is the compass display on the dash being mirrored across the vertical axis. Other than that it seems fine to me.

Definitely didn't sound like it from the Kadjar vs Qashqai thread...
The following user(s) said Thank You: barracuda1

R-Link Complaints 5 years 7 months ago #4

• Buder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
No, my friend. R Link 2 is marvelous. Renault is marvelousand the fact that in whole Europe a lot of people signed petitions demanding
Renault to improve this outdated piece of sh... is not real.
For me is simple!There are some good things and some bad things about Kadjar. Renault saw that
and they corrected, as much as they are able to do, the bad things. And we have
the May Kadjar version. The fact that they improved R Link 2 with the new
software and for Kadjar facelift the main improvements are some new engines and
a new R Link2 proves that somehow they know how bad their initial version is.
Maybe I am askingtoo much from Renault. For me that hideous screen I have to see each day is one
of the reason I am not using Kadjar anymore. I am waiting for my son to take
his driving license and I will give him the key.

I tried to sell my Kadjar and the only question I got was: "It is a pre-May car?"

"So given the lack of complaints" is not because we do not have but it is because we are tired and sick of repeating over and over again the same arguments.
I am glad you are happy with R Link 2. Everything is fine.

R-Link Complaints 5 years 7 months ago #5

• david.parrott
Wow...

So, I'm the cause of all the problems?

I was curious, asked a simple question, got not real answers, and have no real problems myself. You really went to the trouble of registering to post that rant?

R-Link Complaints 5 years 7 months ago #6

• Buder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Wow...

So, I'm the cause of all the problems?

I was curious, asked a simple question, got not real answers, and have no real problems myself. You really went to the trouble of registering to post that rant?

This is what I understood? And your problem is when and why I registered on this forum? How long did you wait for an answer so you can say "no answers - no problems"? You can use Google to find your answers and I recommend to search for the Old Renault Kadjar Forum UK (or the one in Spain or Italy).
R Link 2 is an old project (more than 10 years old). You can compare it with other infotainment from other cars in the same class with Kadjar. Let's say VW Tiguan from 2016 (starting price 24.900 euro)
 VW Tiguan Infotainment

Last edit: by Buder.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds