• Page:

TOPIC:

Idea's? 5 years 6 months ago #7

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I'm a member of a number of forums, for motorcycles, cars and boats, and I think the thing to remember is that there's one fundamental thing that brings people together, which is the main topic - in this case the Kadjar.  When topics stray away from that there's not a common thread and that can bring up a lot of disagreement (e.g. a m/c forum where I was for years, which had a high US membership, and when a "what gun do you carry in your tank bag" thread popped up a significant number of members left)

Yep, totally agree which is why both Shedder and I monitor the Forum very closely.

The actual Forum will remain the same with possible additions of Categories but all still focused on all things Kadjar with the exception of the Off Topic Area which is more for this sort of discussion.

Anything outside the Forum Pages but still within the Domain site will be motoring related, such as the Traffic Information and Global Car Industry News, both of these areas are Information Only.

Additionally, I have asked a couple of Members to contribute by means of Articles, relating to the Kadjar, with content that is potentially too big for the main Forum but will still have the facility for comments if required. Articles allow for better presentation on the subject matter and will still be searchable using the search box at the very top right hand side of the page.

I'm looking more for another website but need subject matter that has more variety and might appeal to members here so there is a core following.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Idea's? 5 years 6 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'll give you an example of our bulgarian Renault forum. The first time I logged in was in 2011, when I got my first Renault, of course. First impression was shocking. It was a mess at first glance. At least 40 active topics every day (in the bad days). 200+ post for less than 8 hours. And everybody chatting bout everything. Mostly about Renault cars, but you could see even topics "What kind of milk should I buy for my cat". After a few days, I realized it's an entire society. Something like a huge family, with all it's quarrels, groups, good guys, bad guys, family affairs and so on. The first few months I thought, something is wrong here. It's a God damn car forum, why along with the car topics, should be so many unrelated stuff. Spending more time with these guys, made me feel part of this whole funfair and it was fun. Besides the guys were so united, they were making real life meetings every month at small groups and they have a nation-wide meeting every summer, gathering hundreds of them. 
 My point is - if you want a forum, that's alive and the members feel in it amongst friends, don't be too tidy ;) Let along unrelated material along with the car stuff. This proved working for 15 years in our case.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Idea's? 5 years 6 months ago #9

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I'll give you an example of our bulgarian Renault forum. The first time I logged in was in 2011, when I got my first Renault, of course. First impression was shocking. It was a mess at first glance. At least 40 active topics every day (in the bad days). 200+ post for less than 8 hours. And everybody chatting bout everything. Mostly about Renault cars, but you could see even topics "What kind of milk should I buy for my cat". After a few days, I realized it's an entire society. Something like a huge family, with all it's quarrels, groups, good guys, bad guys, family affairs and so on. The first few months I thought, something is wrong here. It's a God damn car forum, why along with the car topics, should be so many unrelated stuff. Spending more time with these guys, made me feel part of this whole funfair and it was fun. Besides the guys were so united, they were making real life meetings every month at small groups and they have a nation-wide meeting every summer, gathering hundreds of them. 
 My point is - if you want a forum, that's alive and the members feel in it amongst friends, don't be too tidy ;) Let along unrelated material along with the car stuff. This proved working for 15 years in our case.

I certainly don't think we are too tidy, but everything has its place and providing those that want to discuss something completely different, not Kadjar related, keeping it in the Off Topic Category allows for the easy following of threads relating to the Kadjar elsewhere. We can easily add additional new Main and Sub Categories upon request but the long and short of it, this site just needs something extra and I can't put my finger on it as to what that should be.

I personally need other distractions which is why I'm looking for new ideas for a completely new and different site, hell the person that comes up with it could be part of that formation and, if it is something extra special, even make money out of it! Don't worry, renaultkadjarforum.com will still be here as long as there is a following, and I can afford it.

Maybe I'm too geeky always looking for another excuse to play with code!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Idea's? 5 years 6 months ago #10

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

I'm a member of a number of forums, for motorcycles, cars and boats, and I think the thing to remember is that there's one fundamental thing that brings people together, which is the main topic - in this case the Kadjar.  When topics stray away from that there's not a common thread and that can bring up a lot of disagreement (e.g. a m/c forum where I was for years, which had a high US membership, and when a "what gun do you carry in your tank bag" thread popped up a significant number of members left)

Yep, totally agree which is why both Shedder and I monitor the Forum very closely.

The actual Forum will remain the same with possible additions of Categories but all still focused on all things Kadjar with the exception of the Off Topic Area which is more for this sort of discussion.

Anything outside the Forum Pages but still within the Domain site will be motoring related, such as the Traffic Information and Global Car Industry News, both of these areas are Information Only.

Additionally, I have asked a couple of Members to contribute by means of Articles, relating to the Kadjar, with content that is potentially too big for the main Forum but will still have the facility for comments if required. Articles allow for better presentation on the subject matter and will still be searchable using the search box at the very top right hand side of the page.

I'm looking more for another website but need subject matter that has more variety and might appeal to members here so there is a core following.

Absolutely agree about the possibility of longer articles/how to's/ etc...
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds