Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar parking brake 2 years 6 months ago #1

• Davey
  • Davey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, hoping someone maybe able to help - took my car to my local garage for MOT. They took it to local MOT station where it passed MOT with an "advisory" for brake pads. Brake pads were changed and the service spanner light illuminated together with check parking brake warning. The parking brake will not switch off automatically as it should but works fine manually, despite several diagnostic checks no cure has been found. I was advised the car was safe to drive using hill start assist to see if the system would right itself. After over 1000 miles in two weeks round remote Scottish roads it hasn't. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar parking brake 2 years 6 months ago #2

• QWERTY
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Davey. I have just had a similar experience. My Kadjar is an automatic. Car running fine on Sunday evening. On Monday morning engine started but car would not move because automatic brakes were on. Once brakes were released manually I could drive as usual. However several brakes related warnings showed on the display. Took car to garage who identified a broken abs sensor cable. Once it was replaced everything returned to normal. (Cost for diagnostics and replacement £180). Let me know if I can assist further.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey

Kadjar parking brake 2 years 6 months ago #3

• Davey
  • Davey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks very much for this, the car is going into local garage again next week and I will advise them of this. They have a slot booked at Renault main dealers if they cannot solve it. The car is only 4 years old and lovely to drive but disappointing to have problems like this.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds