Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Noise in the upper area of the dashboard, close to the windshield vents 1 year 8 months ago #1

• RADublin
  • RADublin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

I just got this 2015 Kadjar (Dynamique Nav Energy) and it is in perfect condition, however I noticed this quite annoying electric noise around the upper area of the dashboard. I can hear whenever the car is not moving, it sounds like a faulty vent or something caught inside the vents. 
I actually found a YouTube video posted by someone else with the same issue and there were other guys complaining too, but nobody had an answer of how to sort this. I'll post the link for the video: https://youtube.com/shorts/nblmS0JdVy8?feature=share

I'm considering opening up the dashboard but if anybody knows the exact issue, would be very helpful. 
thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noise in the upper area of the dashboard, close to the windshield vents 1 year 8 months ago #2

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Welcome. 
I am having the same issue for more than 3 years now, since i got the car. Its a 2015 also, and i never found out what's causing it. If you manage to find out more details, please let us know.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

Re:Noise in the upper area of the dashboard, close to the windshield vents 1 year 8 months ago #3

• filiplolic
  • Thank you received: 4
Climate controll actuators are cause of the noise. They are constantly working and making very small moves, but enough to make noise. There is aircon firmware update available that fix the problem. But it is $$$ if car is out of warranty. I just turn the volume up.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
2015. Kadjar xmod 4WD 1.6dci130
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trak-X, RADublin

Re:Noise in the upper area of the dashboard, close to the windshield vents 1 year 8 months ago #4

• RADublin
  • RADublin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your answer.
Good news: I won't waste my time looking for where the noise is coming from. Bad news: there is money involved on the fix! 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I guess I'll bring the car to a Renault dealer on my next service and chance my arm asking for this to be sorted without cost, since I bought the car after the warranty had expired...

I'll let you know the result by February (when service is due). This noise will wreck my head until then. I might service it before  just to have this fixed!

Cheers

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds