Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #1

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I actually posted my first forum topic a couple of weeks ago and have had some replies that put me right on a couple of issues after purchasing a new KADJAR. 

As my wife is disabled, the ride height of our vehicle needs to be higher than a regular car but not as high as, say, a Range Rover. I've had a Mitsubishi ASX for seven years and to be fair, it was practically perfect. When looking for a replacement I had intended getting an approved used, probably a year or so old and looked at a number of makes and models. ASX - again, Ford Kuga, Peugeot 3008, Qashqai, Kia Sportage, VW T-Roc etc. In all of the tests, the Kadjar was amongst the top ten, rarely dropping below 4 out of 5 whereas some of the others were dipping into the 2s.

What finally tipped the balance was the excellent offer I received from Hendy Renault on a brand new Dynamique S Nav with sixteen miles on the clock in Titanium Grey with Sports Pack (might be what the 'S' stands for), and a full-size spare in the boot. Essential as I don't want to be waiting at the roadside with my wife in a wheelchair if I get a blowout.

I've had the car almost three weeks now, there are still some niggles that I'm trying to sort out. Slightly disappointed in the mpg returns though reading the manual it does suggest that this will improve once the running in mileage has been achieved. I don't particularly like the auto-lock feature but I've been told there's no way to turn this off and I'm particularly peeved at the radio turning off when I open the driver's door as opposed to when the car is locked as it says it should in the manual. First world problems I know. 

I've been driving around with a 'smog' mask on for the last week as I found the 'Air Pollution' widget and everywhere I go the air is contaminated. I live in rural Sussex, England and as the Who song goes, 'I can see for miles and miles'. 

On the whole, I like the car, a harder ride than my previous, but not overly so, it feels solid and not had any problems with the R-Link.

As an aside and slightly humorous story, I was sitting in the car on day one, I'd just connected my iPhone to the system using Apple Play and the engine was running. The salesperson was standing outside ready to wave goodbye when I received a text. The voice kicked in and read out the text message. Not knowing what to do at this stage, I tried to find the window button so that I could talk to the person outside. Couldn't find it and said to myself out loud, "Where's the bloody window?" I eventually found the button and 'wound' the window down just as the voice said, "Would you like to reply with, 'Where's the bloody window'". The sales person outside nearly wet herself.

Happy Motoring
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Glad to read that you're getting to grips with your car. The S is just the next spec level to the Dynamique Nav and includes 19" wheels as opposed to 17". As for mpg (I'm assuming yours is a TCE), it will improve with mileage. Around the 800-1000 miles mark you should have a better idea of mpg, although in my opinion, the mpg is nowhere near what it states in the brochure. If you get 35 mpg you should be happy. Short runs are a killer, you'll need to go on longer runs now and then to try and boost the figures. I'm quite resigned to getting, on average, 33.5 mpg and I can live with it. I've always driven petrol and never got more than mid thirties so I am used to it.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue Storm

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hello,

I actually posted my first forum topic a couple of weeks ago and have had some replies that put me right on a couple of issues after purchasing a new KADJAR. 

As my wife is disabled, the ride height of our vehicle needs to be higher than a regular car but not as high as, say, a Range Rover. I've had a Mitsubishi ASX for seven years and to be fair, it was practically perfect. When looking for a replacement I had intended getting an approved used, probably a year or so old and looked at a number of makes and models. ASX - again, Ford Kuga, Peugeot 3008, Qashqai, Kia Sportage, VW T-Roc etc. In all of the tests, the Kadjar was amongst the top ten, rarely dropping below 4 out of 5 whereas some of the others were dipping into the 2s.

What finally tipped the balance was the excellent offer I received from Hendy Renault on a brand new Dynamique S Nav with sixteen miles on the clock in Titanium Grey with Sports Pack (might be what the 'S' stands for), and a full-size spare in the boot. Essential as I don't want to be waiting at the roadside with my wife in a wheelchair if I get a blowout.

I've had the car almost three weeks now, there are still some niggles that I'm trying to sort out. Slightly disappointed in the mpg returns though reading the manual it does suggest that this will improve once the running in mileage has been achieved. I don't particularly like the auto-lock feature but I've been told there's no way to turn this off and I'm particularly peeved at the radio turning off when I open the driver's door as opposed to when the car is locked as it says it should in the manual. First world problems I know. 

I've been driving around with a 'smog' mask on for the last week as I found the 'Air Pollution' widget and everywhere I go the air is contaminated. I live in rural Sussex, England and as the Who song goes, 'I can see for miles and miles'. 

On the whole, I like the car, a harder ride than my previous, but not overly so, it feels solid and not had any problems with the R-Link.

As an aside and slightly humorous story, I was sitting in the car on day one, I'd just connected my iPhone to the system using Apple Play and the engine was running. The salesperson was standing outside ready to wave goodbye when I received a text. The voice kicked in and read out the text message. Not knowing what to do at this stage, I tried to find the window button so that I could talk to the person outside. Couldn't find it and said to myself out loud, "Where's the bloody window?" I eventually found the button and 'wound' the window down just as the voice said, "Would you like to reply with, 'Where's the bloody window'". The sales person outside nearly wet herself.

Happy Motoring

Sounds like you are in my part of the world on the South Coast if you are using Hendy.

Pleased to see you are enjoying the car, I'm jealous you have the V3 Rlink though.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #4

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
By "auto lock feature", do you mean what Renault calls "hand-free locking"? That is the car locks itself if you have the "Renault Card" in your possession when you leave the car? The handbook [attached] explains how to turn this feature off (starting section 1.71) We used hands-free locking for a few months, but gave up on it as it would lock the car when all you were trying to do was (say) move a child-seat from the rear seat to the boot. You can get round that by leaving the Renault-Card in the car, but that felt wrong - what if we forgot to pocket the Renault-Card afterwards? 

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #5

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When I looked at my post, there was no Handbook attachment? Rather than try it again, I found a webpage (pdf) with it at:
http://gb.e-guide.renault.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/eng/HFE/Kadjar-1161-7_ENG.pdf
I think this version has changing the hands-free setting from section 1.72 onwards

Belated Hello 5 years 5 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
My wife has the auto lock on her Captur and I can't say there have been any issues with it.  If in and out the car for unloading or dealing with the child seat, leave the door open if safe to do so and it won't lock until closed.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds