Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

hi 4 years 8 months ago #1

• karl70
  • karl70's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
I found this website whilst seeking advice on how to ungrey the greyed out r-link store icon on the cars infotainment screen. I have owned the car 10 days now, it is a 66 plate with just 7500 miles on the clock . its a white signature s nav model 1.2 petrol and i love it already, love to be in it its just a nice place to be.
Signature s nav bose Nov 2016 model, currently at 7500 miles. 1.2 petrol, glacier white, R-link2 Version: 2.2.19.300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:hi 4 years 8 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Is the car registered with VIN and Navi SN to some of the online RLink stores?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:hi 4 years 8 months ago #3

• karl70
In a word.. Yep
Signature s nav bose Nov 2016 model, currently at 7500 miles. 1.2 petrol, glacier white, R-link2 Version: 2.2.19.300

Re:hi 4 years 8 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I have had this before and it relates to what subscriptions you have as you require a data connection.
For me subscribing to Traffic alerts got me the data connection.
Also if you are actually moving it will remain greyed regardless of your subscription status
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

hi 4 years 8 months ago #5

• karl70
yes, i spoke to renault help who also advised me of this. the kadjar already has a greyed out expired coyote on there that has expired, however the person on the phone at renault advised me against renewing it as its a crowd data fed app that isn't that popular in the uk and thus not so useful unless i was planning driving in France. She went on to say that the tomtom app would keep me up to date on traffic problems (although Im not entirely convinced that the inbuilt satnav wasn't already doing this? It seemed to know about the local roadworks (although this could've been old data, they've been thereabout a year already)) and offer connectivity. With that mind i purchased tomtom and have had in car confirmation. My renault says its active but as yet I have no rlink store in the car and the tomtom satnav does not appear in the r-link tool to transfer to my data stick :?:

P.S. This was meant to be me saying hi, and its diversified into an r-link issue, perhaps an admin feels the thread needs moving?

Last edit: by karl70.

hi 4 years 8 months ago #6

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi, as a long time 1.2 petrol owner allow me to advice you on a few things w/ your car:

1. I may be wrong but I guess the 66 plate is mid 2016. Thats the "old" R-Link unit (I have the same) which is a joke with regards to in-car nav connectivity. The R-Link unit has a built-in sim card that provides extremely slow data connectivity which is also very unreliable. This is improved on the newer generation R-Links but for the older you may want to just use Android Auto (which uses your phone data connectivity).
2. On the 1.2 tce engine keep an eye on the oil levels at all times. I'd say every 600-700 miles pull the stick to check the level and if you notice the level dropping - keep in mind to have a bottle of oil in the trunk especially when going on long trips.
3. There is great room for interior noise reduction improvements - all the cheap plastics and trim covers can be insulated so they don't click and squeak when going over bumps etc. Depending on the type of person you are this may or may not annoy you, but in case it happens to be an issue for you just know its fixable.

Hope this is useful, some of the above also applies for the diesels ;)

Enjoy your Kadjar
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds