Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from Surrey! 5 years 9 months ago #1

• Quad_cam_turbo
  • Quad_cam_turbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Evening all, 

Well I said I was unlikely to ever have a red car, but a week ago, all that changed.

I picked up a pre-reg Kadjar with 200 miles on it in flame red. It's a dynamic S Nav 1.2 TCE and has (so far) been brilliant. I love driving it. I walk out to it in the morning and I admire it. I think the colour is gorgeous, everything from the garish badge at the front, to the curves at the back suit the car perfectly. the rlink2 system is causing me grief at the minute trying to get the software working on my laptop but that's a story for a different thread.

After barely 50 miles I fitted rimblades to the 19s, as although my history with regard alloy wheel preservation is fairly blemish free, the same cannot be said for all others who will be driving the car.

I went with Silver. which actually don't look out of place despite the two-tone nature of the wheels.

I also fitted a Blackvue DR-750S-2CH front and rear dash cam. the wiring in the front is pretty straightforward - wiring runs up inside the headlining and down the A-pillar which just pops off, the link to the rear cam was a bit more interesting. I fed the cable across the top of the door apertures by removing the rubber seals and guiding the cable through.

Then refitted the seals. at the boot, the boot seal also had to come off (be wary it has some gloopy sealant around it) and I used a length of fibreglass 4mm rod, and guided the cable through the aperture into the tailgate area, through the chassis walls and up through the rubber boot leading into the tailgate.

Probably my tidiest (and most time consuming) dash cam install to date and I've still not been able to find a switched or permanent 12v live in the fuse box!

When I'm not in the Renault I daily a hyper-reliable Honda Jazz Sport from 2007

and have a 2006 Saab 93 2.8 V6 turbo which is somewhat modified and putting out 340-350bhp and 580-600Nm torque. It can rip from 35-80 in 3rd gear, in a smidgen over 4 seconds which makes it a real performance car slayer. It wasted an M3 E46 not too long ago and the driver was stunned.
My biggest fear with this car is that if I die, my wife will sell it for what I've told her it owes us...
I'm not new to forums and you'll find my Saab build thread on uksaabs under the same username.

I look forward to becoming more of an expert on the Kadjar as I get to know it better and contribute to the forum as it grows.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Quad_cam_turbo. Reason: To display pictures correctly

Hello from Surrey! 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
welcome to the forum 

someone's a real petrolhead :)
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Hello from Surrey! 5 years 9 months ago #3

• Quad_cam_turbo
  • Quad_cam_turbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Cheers Shedder. You're not wrong there :-D
Though the Honda isn't big on performance, it reminds me of when I first started driving - it's like a little go-kart!

The Saab is my toy. Gets ~2000 miles per year tops really, but always puts a smile on my face when I boot it.
Gets some kudos in the Saab family too.

The Kadjar has proven to be a hit with the family too. The colour just makes everything else look boring when we park it with other peoples' cars!

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds