Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

New tyre size 2 years 11 months ago #13

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Strange... parking assist use sensors to determine distance and size of parking slots. And you can also redifine tyre size with DDT4ALL.
The only proble I see is with accuracy of speedometer... and this you can compare with GPS navigation (external; on mobile phone or dedicated). I did with Garmin Nüvi 2495 device...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: killerlaca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Robertp.

New tyre size 2 years 11 months ago #14

• Birca
  • Birca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
I thought the same about parking sensors but parking assist works on another algorithm, when you activate parking assist and drive near a parking place your sensors are like a recorder, they collect all the info about the distance between cars, if there isn't any other object that will make obstacle for the car, after that with your driving speed and the distance that you have made it calculates and tells you to stop after that you have to put in reverse, here the car just turns the steering wheel for you by guiding from all the info that was collected. Example the experiment that i have made if those two cars from the front and the back of that parking place will drive away before you will put your car in reverse to let it drive by her own, she will still remember that there are those two cars. 

Second is about changing with ddt4all tyre size, if you succeeded to save new size feel free to share how to, because this command is factory blocked it doesn't allow you to make changes in circumference size
The following user(s) said Thank You: killerlaca

New tyre size 2 years 11 months ago #15

• killerlaca
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys!

Thanks for your replays. I have no Parking assist so that is not problem for me. :-)
Speedometer is not a big problem I think just need a bit attention for the first couple of time.
A which Brand and type of Tire are you use?

Thanks in advance.

New tyre size 2 years 10 months ago #16

• Birca
  • Birca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Any brand you like my friend. For my expriment i picked a cheap one "trackmax" china . 

New tyre size 2 years 10 months ago #17

• killerlaca
Thank you mate.
One question for /55 R19 Tyre size. For this size is not problem when you turn the steering weehl full left or right?
Is the Tyre do not contact with any other things?

Thanks in advance.

Re:New tyre size 2 years 10 months ago #18

• Asbo-staffyx

greetings dear friends. I have kadjar bose edition with 19" egeus rims. Because the original size of the tyres for this rims were 225 45 r19, and with their contisoprtcontact factory tyres, my car was feeling all the bumps on the roads, considering our super good roads :s
I like these 19" rims and did not wanted to go lower on 18" or 17" .So i decided on my own risk to change the tyre size from 225/45 r19 to 225/55 r19
The result was perfect fitment. Car changed its look. +2cm added to clearance. Now it feels much more comfortable to drive.
But with all these i was unsure about speedometer actual speed monitoring. So i decited to put ddt4all in action. Found Abs/Esc section, opwned Ecu Configuration and there i have found "Tires real circumference (mm)". Factory index was 2090, for 225/55 R19 the index is 2294 (from google tire circumference calculator). Soooo the it goes my bad luck, tried to change the number from 2090 to 2294 even with einstein on, nothing... tried to change the speed reading like it helped me with activating extended grip, again nothing... what it can be.
Thank you

Just for interest, I checked out the difference changing from a 225/45/19 to a 225/55/19 would make to your speedo reading. Turns out it is 6.7% slower, so if the speedo is reading 60 mph your actually doing 64mph. Maybe worth bearing in mind.

Copied from another thread, that I was responding to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds