Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #1

• Birca
  • Birca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
greetings dear friends. I have kadjar bose edition with 19" egeus rims. Because the original size of the tyres for this rims were 225 45 r19, and with their contisoprtcontact factory tyres, my car was feeling all the bumps on the roads, considering our super good roads :s
I like these 19" rims and did not wanted to go lower on 18" or 17" .So i decided on my own risk to change the tyre size from 225/45 r19 to 225/55 r19
The result was perfect fitment. Car changed its look. +2cm added to clearance. Now it feels much more comfortable to drive.
But with all these i was unsure about speedometer actual speed monitoring. So i decited to put ddt4all in action. Found Abs/Esc section, opwned Ecu Configuration and there i have found "Tires real circumference (mm)". Factory index was 2090, for 225/55 R19 the index is 2294 (from google tire circumference calculator). Soooo the it goes my bad luck, tried to change the number from 2090 to 2294 even with einstein on, nothing... tried to change the speed reading like it helped me with activating extended grip, again nothing... what it can be.
Thank you

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #2

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
So happy that I now have my 17" winter tyres on. The 19" original summer tyres are, like you write, so extremely bumpy. But I haven't thought about the speedometer. How would it be affected and roughly how much?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Re:New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

So happy that I now have my 17" winter tyres on. The 19" original summer tyres are, like you write, so extremely bumpy. But I haven't thought about the speedometer. How would it be affected and roughly how much?

It would not. The external circumference is the same.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Re:New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #4

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
Just a small point but I read on here somewhere that changing your wheels makes car non-standard and requires insurance to be informed. Don't know if it's correct but maybe worth checking.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

Re:New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
In my country that kind of action requires whole project... you need to do a homologation of new tires and rims. And you need papers like TÜV for original rims which is mission impossible. So you need to borrow a rims with papers for Kadjar and incudes your new dimension, mount them on Kadjar, go to authorized organization for this to take a picture and file a request. After all, procedure costs 30€ and a lot of your nerves and time... so it is not worth in any kind.
Otherwise your car is illegal and can be rejected at tehnical inspection or at regular traffic control by police.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:New tyre size 3 years 5 months ago #6

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Just a small point but I read on here somewhere that changing your wheels makes car non-standard and requires insurance to be informed. Don't know if it's correct but maybe worth checking.

You are absolutely right, my wife's Fiesta insurance Halifax were not at all happy with her having a dash cam professionally fitted and considered it a Modification so having different Tyre sizes to whats standard may well give them a good excuse to void and claim

Then in contrast I informed my Kadjar insurance AA I had also had a dash cam fitted and they said great thanks for telling us :)
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds