Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Washed the car today and noticed, what feels like, a raised area on the alloy and feels hard. I have tried slicing it and the end result looks like it has slightly eaten into the allow. 
I have a Renault mechanic coming round on Wednesday for something else so might point it out to him and see what he says, there is a couple of other spots elsewhere on the well and all the others look ok.

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
not a nice look mate, looks like a trip to the dealer and some warranty claim on that 

why the scrimp on there finishes they have to know your going to complain 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I know, I have sliced some of it off and it has definitely eaten into the alloy, it is like something corrosive has come in contact with it.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Quad_cam_turbo
  • Thank you received: 7
I was getting a set of wheels refurbished the other day when a bloke came in with a diamond cut VW alloy needing repair.

The guys basically said the finish on diamond cut wheels is generally so poor, you only have to show them the environment and they begin to corrode. A small chip in the lacquer and moisture gets under it and you get milking and watermarks in no time. It seems to accelerate quicker on diamond cut wheels than standard finishes when there's a breach in the paint or powdercoat.

I'd be interested to hear what Renault say about refurbing them - I bet they'll adopt the line of "it's a broken paint surface so caused by wear and tear - you just haven't spotted it early enough"

To a point they are right, but so too is Shedder as the quality isn't really on par with expectation IMHO.

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
So the mechanic has been and gone and I have pointed out the corrosion, which he agrees is corrosion. It was suggested that there possibly had been multiple stone chips which weakened the material allowing water to penetrate.

The suggestion to pursue this is by way of Renault UK Customer Services and send pictures of the damage, rather than using the local Dealership, as they obviously have more clout to take action rather than a franchise. Also he has heard that Social Media is a good way to provoke Renault into taking action. I think my first post of call is going to be Customer Services and see where it goes.

So the story will continue......., Watch this space........

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 9 months ago #6

• Quad_cam_turbo
  • Thank you received: 7

Also he has heard that Social Media is a good way to provoke Renault into taking action. I think my first post of call is going to be Customer Services and see where it goes.

There is a Renault Kadjar UK owner's club on Facebook, to which I subscribe. As long as you can see past the small number of users who seem focused solely on slagging off certain colours of Kadjar then you'll be fine. Upload it there and you're bound to get something. Whatever you do, make sure you set the privacy of the photo and comments to 'open' and tag Renault in it with whatever their @ tag is.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds