Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 6 months ago #19

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Had a call from Renault CS yesteday who informed me that my local dealer feels it is not corrosion from the inside out but rather the wheel has been damaged by a stone chip so the corrosion is a result of that working from the outside in. I said that is the biggest bunch of tosh and I had heard that from one of the mechanics off the record when I first noticed it. I also informed him that I do not accept that conclusion one little bit.

He is now going to arrange for the wheel to be assessed by a body shop local to me for their opinion, so we will see what happens next!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 6 months ago #20

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
sorry to hear that, but its standard it not our wheel fault.. hit them with the inferior finish not to specification 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 6 months ago #21

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm hoping I can manipulate the body shop when I'm told which one to go to.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 5 months ago #22

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I have had another response today from Customer services which seems a little more positive as shown below:

I have been in contact with Hendy's bodyshop as recommended by the service team at Hendy Eastbourne, who have advised me that the service team at Eastbourne should have submitted a warranty claim for the issue and awaited the response to it. I have spoken to a member of the service team there and have asked them to make contact with you so that a warranty claim can be submitted and progressed.

I apologise for the mis-information I was given and I hope that they will be able to move this forward shortly. I will contact you later in the week to check if Hendy have contacted you.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 5 months ago #23

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Well Hendyscalled me first thing this morning to book me in so I have arranged for 3rd Nov. 
As the guy said to me he wanted to book it in for repair I asked exactly what they are proposing to do, thinking it was going to be some kind of make good, but I have been assured I am getting a NEW wheel. I won't hold my breath until it is physically on the car me thinks.

Alloy Corrosion? 5 years 5 months ago #24

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Woo Hoo, been to the dealer this morning, wheel now replaced, job done.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds