Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

T.m.p.s 1 year 1 month ago #1

• mauinho
  • mauinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,
Just bought a 2017 Kadjar 1.5Dci and im quite happy with it, it's in really good condition.
Ive got only a small issue, my tmps sensor is showing a sensor missing on the from driverside wheel, done several resets but nothing changed. Now when I bought the vehicle the owner told me the 2 front tires were new, but for some reason either sensor gone or broken.
Me not knowing much about this system, as my old vehicle did not have it, bought a Renault Kadjar sensor online thinking I could just drive to the tyre place and ask them to fit it for me. I was laughed at and told I must pay £75 for them to program a new sensor that they'll sell me.
Am I being taken for a ride or is this my only option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

T.m.p.s 1 year 1 month ago #2

• MD99
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi _ I have from new a 2018 Kadjar with TPMS, just had to change front tyres and thought I would change the TPMS battery . This is tricky as they are soldered in, not impossible but 3 batteries are sold together 

https://www.battery.org.uk/product/Maxell/CR2050HR/180812.html

So I went for new VDO sensors search for part 407004CB0B

When installed you go to the central display in a Kadjar and select Vehicle>tyres> reset and this starts a searching routine . You must drive slowly for 5 minutes then the sensors will automatically be recognised in the right locations. No dealer visits needed. This allows you to swap wheels say for winter tyres, and just do a re set. The sensors must look like this and be marked 433 ( 433Mhz) 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Shez879

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds