Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #1

• SteJ
  • SteJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Ladies and gents,
My second set of wheels for winter tyres do not seem to have sensors in, allbeit the car won’t locate them. Anyone replaced got other sensors. Seems like a lot of different companies claim to work but massive price differences. 
Anyone replaced them?

Have a 2016 Kadjar 4x4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I spoke to the company I usually get my tyres replaced at, as I wanted to know what the procedure was for replacing valves. I was informed that there plenty of companies/individuals on Ebay that you can get them from but not all of them provide ones calibrated for your individual car. I understand that if you get ones NOT calibrated for the car you have to go to a dealer, at a cost, for the procedure to be carried out.

If you obtain ones calibrated for the car, it is just a case of cycling through the display, where the speedo is displayed, until the tyres symbol is shown press and hold the OK button until the display changes, and away you go.

I have never personally tried this but it sounds feasible, someone like AOne maybe able to advise you better as I think he has more that one set of tyres.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Yes, exactly. Just find the "Tyre Pressure monitor" menu and choose to Reset readings. The first time the system recognizes the sensors, it takes a little bit longer (approx. 15 miles to 30 minutes at least), but afterwards all is back to normal.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #4

• SteJ
  • SteJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I’ve reset a number of times, still no joy. Im now guessing maybe there is no tyre sensor or for whatever reason not working with the car. Was wondering if anyone has previous replaced or purchased new ones for second set of wheels?

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Here is a little read about TMPS

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/TPMS-Info.html#13011
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

New TMPS? Any ideas? 5 years 3 months ago #6

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Just picked up a set of 4 tpms from Renault Cardiff for the sum of £94 all plug and play.. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds