• Page:

TOPIC:

Tyre wear 5 years 9 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Not done 10k miles yet and the fronts are just off the wear markers, probably 1.8mm. No that's not difficult if you drive like a teenager but I must be one of the most light footed drivers on here, economy rules etc. Something isn't balanced between the load on the car in a straight line and what happens when going round corners.
Economic driving to me doesn't mean driving slowly, it's all about accelerating slowly and downhill when possible and also not braking into corners so less right foot is needed after the bend. I also brake only when I have too.
Seems that driving style doesn't benefit the tyres so maybe not so economical after all. 1.5 diesel by the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tyre wear 5 years 9 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I drive a lot in Austria in the alpine regions. Lots of tight corners and narrow lanes. The Kadjar is extremely stick to the road and it's a big fun riding in such roller coaster conditions. Done a 25k+ km this winter and the tires are nearly as new (Nokian). Same counts for the summer set, with wich the car was delivered (Conties). So no problem with the car, but the tires and their brand.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Tyre wear 5 years 9 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
What did you you get out of the conti's? That's what we get as standard and they aren't good but are dam expensive

Tyre wear 5 years 9 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I have two sets (with rims and pressure sensors), for the summer and for the winter. It's forbidden to drive with summer set in the snow and it's clear why. The winter set are Nokian, the summer - the standard Conties...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Tyre wear 5 years 9 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Same as you, except my winter set is also Conti WinterContact T830. Both sets are 19". Now I have 55k km on clock, half with winter and half with summer set. What I do noticed is that winter set will last one more season and summer set will be good just for this summer. Car is 1.6 dCi 4WD, 2016, january, I started with winter set for first 5k km...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds