• Page:

TOPIC:

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #1

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
As some will remember April 2018 and 19.000 miles was told by Renault Cardiff I needed to replace both front and rear pads & discs at a cost of over £1000 ... Car now on 38.000 miles and going away for 5 weeks towing a caravan all around France... So I thought it would be a good idea to replace front pads ... was surprised to see they still had about 25% left... I am very lite on the brakes but thought it was worth a look as we are away for so long towing... Also the car is in for service tomorrow should have been April but workshops been closed covid19..Rather than have them on the phone giving me “By the way your pads are worn” Have changed them this morning.. here are the ones I took off..

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Can't remember without looking, did you get them replaced last time?

Recently had my car serviced and there was a health check carried out at around 15,000 and I was informed of the following:

Front 8mm friction material

Rear 4mm friction material - quoted £75.08
Rear discs corroded and pitted - quoted £152.41

Renault have a recommendation of 4mm minimum friction material.

Haven't had them done
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
No only had rear pads changed as was told there were almost gone and we was going away to France the following day.. turned out they were only 65% worn. Griffinmill are servicing it tomorrow and you can bet the 1st thing would have been a recommendation to change the front pads...

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I like the old days of asbestos pads and shoes, lasted a long time, just a shame about the health hazard.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #5

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yep like using an air line to blow the old dust away... who would have guessed... still thing rear pads across the owners are wearing to fast as mosT of the force Braking is on the front discs... ... pads were so easy to change 5 min each side...dealers are taking the mic with the cost for Labour... I understand overheads but some dealers will try and and make bigger profits from the lockdown...Will be interesting to see if they find anything that should and would have been covered under warranty when the service should have been done..

Replace front pads... 3 years 9 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
My dealer knows me too well to actually ask if I want them to carry out the works and always put declined.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds