Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Info unit replaced 3 years 1 month ago #1

• Cw-ilm
  • Cw-ilm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Today, I had my 2016 Kadjar Info unit replaced at a cost of about £1100. I was told by the Renault main dear that the old unit was buggered. Prior to the change, carried out by the Renault main dealer, I asked them to confirm that I would get a new unit that could run Android Auto. They looked at me like I had 2 heads...

On collecting the car this afternoon, needless to say the F...... unit is just as crap as the original one. At least I have version 9.0.35 now.

Question. Is there any point in trying to get Android Auto put on this unit? Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Info unit replaced 3 years 1 month ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I was fortunate enough to have mine replaced a few months before the warranty expired last year. You theoretically already have AA installed on your unit, although it is not officially recognised as part of the standard software for cars of our age, you just have to activate it via developers mode, which is what I did. If anyone has an Iphone it is a different story as there is a hardware upgrade required.

Once activated you will need a genuine USB lead for your Android device, that is in good order, as this must be plugged into the USB port in the car and in your phone for AA to work as there is no wireless option, even though AA activates on your phone when connecting to the car via Bluetooth.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Info unit replaced 3 years 1 month ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Same here. I have iPhone and I CarPlay matters for me. My dealer also replaced unit 3 months before warranty expired. So, I have to enable AA&CP trough DDT4ALL since changes were not accepted trough developer mode... I also replaced USB connection box in dashboard. Now CarPlay works like a charm.
My car is 2016 January and AA was not an option at that time. So, with FW version 3, 7,8&9 AA and CP is a part of device and SW although is not enabled on change since device is synchronised with original settings from production line.
So even all modifications made trough developer mode just gone, modifications made with DDT4ALL directly on computers stay preserved.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds