• Page:

TOPIC:

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
What on earth is happening in this world, I can not believe the amount of stockpiling that people are doing which in turn affects the older generation that can't stockpile due to facilities or because they don't have the funds to do it. I see this issue first hand because this is the clientage group the company I work for provides a service for and it is heartbreaking.

I really feel that people, in general, have watched too many apocalyptic movies and are playing survival of the fittest and stuff the weak.

I spoke to my stepfather earlier in the week, who is 86, he had been out for his daily swim, no issues as yet, and is of the mind that there are way too many over 70's that are no longer productive so a reduction would be a good thing, how morbid is he!

In addition, I saw on the TV this morning a Nurse in tears because she is struggling to get basic foods, these are people on the front line that may be looking after one of us if we become ill due to C19.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #2

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
I went shopping yesterday, shop was packed - many shelves were empty. It struck me that if we could live off Easter eggs there would be no problem.

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Interesting idea, as much as I have a sweet tooth, I think just chocolate might become extremely boring.

Actually managed to get eggs today at Asda, woo hoo, and was going to get loo roles for my daughter but the shelves were empty, guess she is going to have to get a newspaper each day like the old days.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #4

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
the basic is to stay at home!!!
see what happening in italy!

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yep, what is happening in Italy is not good.

I'm more than happy to stay at home but until the company I work for closes its doors I have to carry on.
Now that the UK Government is going to pay 80% of my wages, if the company does have to close for a period, I am less worried about it.

Coronavirus COVID-19 4 years 4 weeks ago #6

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I also saw that poor crying nurse on TV who could not get food after she had worked a 48 hours shift and yes these times shows just how sad some people can get with a 'Bugger everyone else attitude'.

I live in Telford and was gobsmacked today to see people from Wolverhampton 20 miles away travelling down the M54 to raid one of our Tesco supermarkets,
One Lady store assistant who I know said ASDA was making more money in one day than the whole of Christmas together and oh the supermarkets have a lot to answer for, all they had to do
with a hour slot ages ago was ask age and NHS identification and then everyone can get something to eat.
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

Last edit: by tynesider.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds