• Page:

TOPIC:

Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #1

• BRUCE225
  • BRUCE225's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi just had my car just over a week and with the current situation not driven much a few short journeys.Tonight while in the car playing with all the settings and setting up my phone with Android Auto etc I noticed on the dash low battery start engine.Does anyone know if this message is real and the battery needs charging or does this pop up to stop you just sat playing with the radio until you do flatten the battery.

I locked the car and left it but decided to take if for a 20 mile run down the motorway in ECO mode.No message on start up.

On a side note the start stop has not kicked in once but after reading up aren't too alarmed about this seems people have same problems unless they go on a long run which I haven't yet.

And it's now attached to a smart charger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BRUCE225.

Re:Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The answer is in your question. Short runs only, playing in car with RLink. Your battery is close to dead-flat. That's why the S/S is never running. The message is absolutely real.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRUCE225

Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #3

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yeah my thoughts too, just wondered if also as a bit of a fail safe that the message comes up when playing with the Rlink. Anyone know in how much juice the Rlink takes out of the battery when engine not running,just seems everytime I nip out since getting the Kadjar my daughter wants to stay in the car and play on the Apps when parked up.Just that by the fact you can watch a video when stationary must give you the impression you're allowed to use it a while without taking too much out of the battery.

Last edit: by BRUCE225.

Re:Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It could last long enough if the battery was properly charged before that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Thats why is R-Link2 limited on 10 minutes to operate after ignition off or when switch on without start engine... in my GrandScenic 2007 this limitvwas 20 minutes for Cabasse sound system...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:Low battery start engine is this a true message 3 years 9 months ago #6

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Thats why is R-Link2 limited on 10 minutes to operate after ignition off or when switch on without start engine... in my GrandScenic 2007 this limitvwas 20 minutes for Cabasse sound system...

Thanks..Was playing yesterday for around 30 minutes and it never went off,maybe this was because of it been attached to the smart charger and was getting charged so over rid the cut off.

Did notice that the charger said 100% charged but with just playing with the radio/r link it dropped to 75% so must take a chunk out of the battery, maybe it's the Bose belting out.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds