Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #7

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Went to the local park to walk the the dog , came back reversed out alarm and warning brake fault stop... gone through all the suggestions but still on .. neighbor got a code reader snap on says not code fault... did what he suggested disconnect the battery for a few hours still on.. One thing I did notice had the feeling that sometimes only one side of the hand brake holding sometimes... any ideas...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Went to the local park to walk the the dog , came back reversed out alarm and warning brake fault stop... gone through all the suggestions but still on .. neighbor got a code reader snap on says not code fault... did what he suggested disconnect the battery for a few hours still on.. One thing I did notice had the feeling that sometimes only one side of the hand brake holding sometimes... any ideas...

Did you moved it forward and backwards a few meters?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #9

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Moved back 5 mts stopped do my ride and the dog got in then moved away message still on ... took the front wheels off the check pads all ok... disconnected the battery still showing message... but no fault code on car when plugged into snap on reader... confused. Con

Re:Re:Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #10

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Moved back 5 mts stopped do my ride and the dog got in then moved away message still on ... took the front wheels off the check pads all ok... disconnected the battery still showing message... but no fault code on car when plugged into snap on reader... confused. Con

Hmm. Very strange... What happens when you try to activate the handbrake - do you here it working? Is it possible, that there is dirt/mud on the ABS rings on the inner side of the wheels?
Try to activate and deactivate the handbrake manually a few times.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Re:Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #11

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
You can hear the hand brake coming on it did feel that the left rear was a little lazy coming on after it happened... will see if it clears on the drive to work in the morning.. will keep you posted

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 7 months ago #12

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well here is an update brake system fault warning.. on dashboard... not been able to clear brakes all working as should be... so rang dealer in Cardiff ... lady on phone you must stop and call recovery.. me can you put me through to service dept do I can book car in ... flat no and puts phone down ...zap RAC they take down details and say they are coming out ... 5 mins later get a call from RAC guy takes me through some tricks... but still no fix... get told to ring dealer to book it in ... get put through to Renault Uk car booked in for 8-10 2019 so much for emergency.... then yo be told the reason for the delay they don’t have a car until then... but if I pay £12 when I collect the car the excess is £50 but no £12 and the excess will be £750 wtf...must say don’t think much of Renault service... this is not a 3rd party dealer but the main dealer in Cardiff... not happy at all

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds