Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #1

• WiseOldMan
  • WiseOldMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, the first day of my membership here and my first post; so I've had my Kadjar since June and it is due an MOT and a service in Jan, any recommendations on the best oil to use and service parts manufacturer, please ??
Oh on another note what tyre pressures are you all using ??, I have the 15inch rims and been using 34psi fronts and 31psi rears and cant say Im happy, doesn't seem right, as if under-inflated but they are the recommended pressures as read off the driver's door sticker.
I have a 2016 model 1.5 110 Diesel Automatic (Great car but that gearbox takes its time to get used too doesn't it).
Thanks in advance of any replies that may be added here.
Opps my bad, misplaced key type there 16inch not 15 as I first stated before this edit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WiseOldMan. Reason: correction in wheel size

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Hello

Use oil that Renault recomends and this is now Castrol. And you can not have 15 inch rims because 16 is a minimum that fits to Kadjar and almost all trims (except cheapest one) use 17 inch rims.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #3

• WiseOldMan
  • WiseOldMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
opps misplaced key press there and not checking before i posted, yes your right 16 inch not 15 as my missed finger quoted but thanks for replying.

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #4

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
in Greece stil recomend the elf

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
In Bulgaria already switched to Castrol. The engine sounds pretty nice actually. I was a Motul fan with my previous Scenic when it was out of warranty. Huge difference in engine sound and smoothness comparing to Elf.
Be sure to check it corresponds to Renault's recommendations when choosing oil. Before it was RN710, now probably is RN720 for the diesels.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Oil Recommendation 3 years 4 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Service put Castrol GTX 5W30 RN720 on last inspection few days ago in my 1.6 dCi
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds