Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #19

• GordonM
  • GordonM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
It was so good of you to do all this for me Duracel - I will go through all these screens today and come back to you.

Looking at them now I believe I have actioned all of them just as you say EXCEPT for 'safety warnings' which I have switched off!

Thanks

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #20

• GordonM
Hello again Duracel.
I went into my car and set th screen EXACTLY as in your photos. I have only one speed camera near me so I drove past it a couple of times and I do get a beep about 20 metres before the camera and again after I have passed it - similar to what I had and paid £139 for in my last Peugeot 2008.
There is no verbal warning and that is why I thought it might be the other bleeps when going over speed via camera - but did not sound the same!

I notie that the previous owner had paid for a number of 'extras' which I found in 'My Renault' for 3 yrs up to 2022. One of them was listed asTom Tom? Perhaps after buying it it wass not loaded onto the R-Link system ( I know nothing about that side of things!)

So I have made an appointment with my main dealer for their expert to sort it out on 4 January (unless we are in lockdown again!). So if that happens I will let this forum know what he said.

Thanks again and have a safe Christmas

Gordon

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #21

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Thanks for feedback Gordon, I look forward to hearing the update.

Where I live, we are technically in 'Lock Down' (Tier 4) you would not think it seeing people go about their daily Bizz!

Have a good Christmas
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: GordonM

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #22

• GordonM
Happy ChristmasmDay!
Well, Duracel, You seem to have solved it! I went out this morning past our onlt speed camera and a little before the camera a voic said 'warning speed camera' This had not happened before but the only thing I did differnet was - as you said - set the voice to Synthesizer. The verbal warning now happens!

Thanks agiain
Gordon

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #23

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Oh Gordon you've got me wanting to try mine out now, but unfortunately I've had too much to drink..

Entering a new destinaion into my R -Link 2 Sat Nav - help please! 3 years 4 months ago #24

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Happy ChristmasmDay!
Well, Duracel, You seem to have solved it! I went out this morning past our onlt speed camera and a little before the camera a voic said 'warning speed camera' This had not happened before but the only thing I did differnet was - as you said - set the voice to Synthesizer. The verbal warning now happens!

Thanks agiain
Gordon

Pleased I could help. My experience with 'Stand Alone' Tomtom Sat Navs and the software I use on a Tablet has taught me that one.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds