Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Does Kadjar have pre drilled towbar holes? 1 year 10 months ago #1

• SMiLEYSMiLE
  • SMiLEYSMiLE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I had a towbar fitted to my 2016 Kadjar in 2019. I've just removed it from plates which are bolted to chassis. I'm going to get it powder coated.

My question are the holes pre drilled threaded with welded nuts inside chassis member for 4 bolts that secure plates? If so I can remove them and get them PC to.

Seems a dumb question but how else will you get nuts inside the chassis member? 

So surely Renault must have had pre drilled holes with fixed nuts inside chassis for specific plates to be simply bolted? Thanks 

I've attached a photo of my towbar. 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does Kadjar have pre drilled towbar holes? 1 year 10 months ago #2

• grahn
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Im in the process of fitting a witter rn114u towbar. You can download fitting instruction from their site and from this site in downloads. Compared to the witter yours is short of metal right angle plates that bolt to the uprights. what brand is it can your seller advice. I am trying to fit a Ryder smart bypass to a 2017 Kadjar. The red wire LH boot past post talk about as 12V source is 0V in my car. So I picked 12V of the boot light to power the bypass. Got LH flasher working by piggybacking white wire in LH cluster and brake lights of blue. Taking forever wife sick of me told me to get a pro- doh tried but he said doesnt fit secondhand kit. When i finish the electrics I do the metalwork. Gotta to keep the wifes car on the road.

Does Kadjar have pre drilled towbar holes? 1 year 10 months ago #3

• SMiLEYSMiLE
  • SMiLEYSMiLE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
The bracket plates are bolted to chassis channel. I'll post a photo. I didn't want to remove them incase I couldn't refit them. 4 bolts secure them. I'm asking were there pre drilled threaded holes in chassis channel anyway? I want to remove them to get powder coated.  

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Does Kadjar have pre drilled towbar holes? 1 year 10 months ago #4

• grahn
  • Thank you received: 0
sorry I haven't had my bumper of yet so dont know. On my secondhand towbar a number of those bolts in your picture were seized and thread stripped on removal. I would play safe rub brackets in situ with wire brush paint with rust converter then hand paint. I'm sycing up for the bumper fit after electrics.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds