Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Glow plugs? 1 year 4 months ago #1

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure you've noticed that it's gone a bit cold out (it was at the time of writing this) and the Kadjar is struggling to start. It's the first year this has happened and I'm hoping someone may have had a similar issue and can confirm my car is in need of new glow plugs.

The glow plugs have never been changed on the car and the battery is about 4 and half years old.

It's a 1.5DCI, 2016 plate Kadjar!

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

Here is the link to the video of it trying to start in cold temps! 

https://youtube.com/shorts/_WAV1lwoFdg?feature=share

Thanks! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glow plugs? 1 year 4 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure you've noticed that it's gone a bit cold out (it was at the time of writing this) and the Kadjar is struggling to start. It's the first year this has happened and I'm hoping someone may have had a similar issue and can confirm my car is in need of new glow plugs.

The glow plugs have never been changed on the car and the battery is about 4 and half years old.

It's a 1.5DCI, 2016 plate Kadjar!

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

Here is the link to the video of it trying to start in cold temps! 

https://youtube.com/shorts/_WAV1lwoFdg?feature=share

Thanks! 

I haven't seen other guys with defected glow plugs so far, to be honest, though it was a common problem with DCIs in the years before. Most likely it's a battery gone dead. They rarely last more than 3,5 - 4 years.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Glow plugs? 1 year 4 months ago #3

• Lukiehughes
Hi AOne!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I knew the battery was on its way out but there was two things pointing me into the direction of the glow plugs:

1. The engine was turning over pretty fast when trying to get it to start. I thought that if the battery was really on its last legs, it would turn over much slower?

2. I've had the following error code for over a year now. It specifically relates to the glow plugs, although research online suggests it could be a number of things!

I'm just trying to hold out for as long as I can so I don't have to spend the money!

I went to ATS to ask them about it and they just put it down to the cold weather and said it wouldn't be worth changing the plugs! I don't need to be told twice! 

​​​​​ 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by Lukiehughes.

Glow plugs? 1 year 3 months ago #4

• JC
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi we have a 2016 4x4 1.6 done 41000 miles and fitted TWO new glow plugs recently as had the same problem now back to starting easily  again ( just the two were not working )

Glow plugs? 1 year 3 months ago #5

• Lukiehughes
Hi JC, 

Good to know! I think that I'll try and get another year out of them now that the car is starting with the milder weather. I will probably need to replace them in the summer ready for next winter. I used to have a Ford and did over 140,000 miles and never changed a single glow plug, so it's all new to me. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds