Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 4 months ago #1

• kunkun
  • kunkun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi folks,

My first post here! I'm a new driver who recently bought a 1.5 Diesel Auto Kadjar from Cazoo recently. I want to ensure that I maintain my car properly so was reading up on the user manual which mentioned about changing 4 different things (including my TO-BUY list):

1. Windscreen washer (https://www.halfords.com/motoring/screenwash/rain-x-windscreen-washer-additive-1-litre-803244.html?)
2. Brake fluid (https://www.halfords.com/motoring/motorcycling/oils/mobil-brake-fluid-dot-4-esp-500ml-124499.html)
3. Coolant (https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/antifreeze/comma-g30-antifreeze-and-coolant-conc-2l-594590.html)
4. Engine oil (https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/engine-oil/castrol-gtx-5w-30-c4-oil-1l-209750.html?)

But I'm confused as to when this should be done. The car was last serviced in Nov end by Cazoo (or so they claim) so I'm assuming all the liquids would be topped up.
Plus I don't have any warning lights up in my dashboard so wanted to check should I anyways go ahead with topping up the fluids myself or should I wait for the warning lights to come up?
Or should I do it as part of my yearly service next Nov?
How often do you folks top-up the fluids in your Kadjar?

Thanks for your help, cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 3 months ago #2

• kunkun
Hi folks, any help on this please :)

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 3 months ago #3

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
goodmorning, if they had it for service in November they had to check all these . certainly oil change and windscreen fluid to add if needed and coolant adding if nedded. 
In Greece every 4 years change the brake fluids. it is instruction from renault. so see the book service if they have change the brake fluid  4 years after the car's released. if they dont change it to be sure.
but you can see the oil and coolant and windscreen fluids and to add if needed. it is easy. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunkun

Last edit: by gsa1967.

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 3 months ago #4

• Lukiehughes
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Kunkun, 

Great to see you're so keen to look after your car! 

I have a 1.5 2016 diesel and I find that I very rarely have to top up anything you have mentioned between services. 

I have serviced my car every year. I've never had a major service carried out, but I always have a full service. 

I've never changed the break fluid and the coolant was recently replaced when I had the timing belt changed at 91,000 miles. 

It's always worth keeping an eye on fluids, but I've never topped up the oil. There's always been plenty in there before the next service! 

Washer fluid is topped up as and when needed. I never buy anything special though! 

If it was serviced in November, the oil will be topped up to the max and other fluids checked. A simple check under the bonnet to make sure the brake fluid and coolant are above the MIN lines and you should be okay! 

Hope this helps. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunkun

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 3 months ago #5

• kunkun
Thank you both for your responses; I'll maintain my car annually and hope for the best :)

New driver; best way to maintain my Renault Kadjar? 1 year 3 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Brake fluid should be replaced after 4 years according to maintenance plan for Kadjar. As well as auxiliary belt for water pump and other things should be replaced after six years (1.6 dCi, 1.6 tCe engines)...
I replaced front and rear brake pads after 7 years/79.000 miles and brake fluid again at the same time.And braking discs are still good for another 45.000 miles...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds