Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

electric failure / renault parts 1 year 3 months ago #1

• jtj
  • jtj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
i have kadjar 2016 diesel, dash lit up like a christmas tree, electrical failure stop, anyway car power died, AA stated it was alternater, garage fitted new battery and alternator, warning lights still on dash, renault dealer stating this is because the parts weren't genuine renault parts, and ecu want recognise after market parts, 
is this the case, if not, how do you get car to recognise new parts and reset ecu

regards 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

electric failure / renault parts 1 year 3 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well
I had same situation 3 years ago in own garage... All sorts of errors (just name it) and car did not start. I knew that battery was a problem (due to some early warning like heavy start, S&S not working...). I did replaced battery by myself, I bough it in general car parts store (AGM type)... I just checked with authorised garage what should I pay attention on and did replace by myself.
Pointing that car does not recognize non-geniue parts is a heavy bullshit... Alternator is not the cause but you should buy a proper battery for S&S system. No adjustment, recognizing or calibrating is needed.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Robertp.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds