Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #7

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I would not say it’s negative it’s just when you want to put the main beam on because it has not switched over you cannot when it’s set to auto...and that is a pain ...mine are led and if I left them on main beam you you have to be Stevie Wonder not to notice...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
This is one of the features I initially thought would be useless, but am actually very impressed. As I make long journeys mostly at night (don't have to stare with tight eyes), it appeared to be a great helper. The only thing that's not OK are the incoming trucks. The drivers in them are sitting higher and if the truck's two lights at the top of the cabin are too dim, the car doesn't recognize them as moving vehicle. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #9

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Our Kadjar has the LED headlights, I was surprised when I tried this - the auto-dip it works perfectly! Saves a lot of faffing about on a long journey. No-one has flashed us yet for leaving the main-beam on, and it reacts quickly. Couldn't believe all the negative comments on here! 

I'm with you JB, I have no problem with them, I think impatience comes to mind ;-)
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #10

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Agree with both... one of the great working feature.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #11

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
It's not impatience when they don't come up as quickly as you want, it's basic road safety. It's also not negative to say it how YOU find it so a bit more tolerance maybe, don't want this forum (as some do) to castigate anyone who doesn't think their present car is perfect do we?

Most of my night driving is in the dead off night on various but largely empty roads, 2.00am summer type of thing, they simply don't come onto main if there is any light source around. Yes, I think it's a good idea but slow as I am I react quicker than the car does so........................

Last edit: by turboted10.

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #12

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
 Don't get me wrong, but if you can't see well enough the route ahead in low beams, you're driving too fast, or have eye problems. Using high beam is for convenience, when there's no incoming traffic. How do you drive when there is such? (Don't take my comment as nagging).
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds