Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #13

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
As a safety feature yes I have driven hgv most of my working life 15 years on nights, I just like the option of using the main beam when I want. I love the car the led headlights are the best ever and the best bit is it’s an option to either use auto main beam or not.... happy days

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #14

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Don't get me wrong, but if you can't see well enough the route ahead in low beams, you're driving too fast, or have eye problems. Using high beam is for convenience, when there's no incoming traffic. How do you drive when there is such? (Don't take my comment as nagging).

or the road didnt have good light. in Greece we have national road with no lights at all!! a little but excist. Try to drive from Patra to Pyrgos in Pelloponese the night. no lights at all (except when you are passing trough villages) 
in that situation you need headbeams.

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #15

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Travel a bit north to your neighbors :D We have only a few sections of the highways lit in Bulgaria. 99.9% of the road network has no lights. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #16

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199

As a safety feature yes I have driven hgv most of my working life 15 years on nights, I just like the option of using the main beam when I want. I love the car the led headlights are the best ever and the best bit is it’s an option to either use auto main beam or not.... happy days

Just turn ring on left lever for one position and you will have full freedom of manual switching… But for me is very useful on all roads with even moderate traffic.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #17

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Even in Germany "das autobahn" is not illuminated like Las Vegas. I think only in Belgium are...
All our main roads and even motorways are in dark except in settlements and motorways on junctions and rest stations… And on toll-stations (but they will be removed soon which are still there). And as somebody said… you must be to fasst if you can not drive with low beam.
But it is tuth; I have LED headlamps and comparing with H7 projector lamps is like day and down... 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Automatic Main Beam Lights 5 years 5 months ago #18

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

Don't get me wrong, but if you can't see well enough the route ahead in low beams, you're driving too fast, or have eye problems. Using high beam is for convenience, when there's no incoming traffic. How do you drive when there is such? (Don't take my comment as nagging).

No problem, the whole issue seems to have polarised peoples views.
I can't accept what you say about driving too fast, it simply doesn't hold water. Why drive at 50mph and only be able to see clearly for 50 yards when switching to main beam which is defeated by a light you have just past increases your range of view by 100%?. Like you and almost everyone else I automatically drive slower when in traffic, the glare reduces everyone's clear vision but if you read back I was referring specifically to no traffic in dead of night when the option to flick them back on quickly is a bonus.

Eye problems? tell me one person who can see well in the dark, it reduces all drivers vision hence what we have both just said.

I haven't got LED headlights but can believe they would be good.  The previous qashqai had HID discharge (or similar) lights, they were fantastic and lit up road signs on main beam that were invisible on dip.Cant imagine renault/qashqai would have taken a backward step there although the HID system was very expensive.

Last edit: by turboted10.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds