Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Alarm Problem 3 years 8 months ago #19

• greekskii
  • Thank you received: 0

My alarm went off about 4.45 am last week, i went out to check no issues with car. it went off again about 3.30pm a few says later so did the following:

Re identifying the alarm issue:
Press unlock button on remote 5 times quickly within 5 seconds;
The siren will generate the error code (a number of beeps)
Count the beeps it will give you the cause of the alarm activating:

1 beep - ultrasonic sensor
2 beeps - Tilt Sensor
3 beeps - External battery disconnected
4 beeps - Driver door
5 beeps - Passenger front door
6 beeps Passenger rear nearside
7 beeps - Passenger rear offside
8 beeps - Hood (from serial input)
9 beeps - analogical hood input
10 beeps – Trunk
11 beeps – ignition
12 beeps empty memory (no stored event)
it beeped twice which indicated the tilt sensor then when checked again beeped 10 times indicated trunk fault.

booked the car into renault cardiff and they have fitted a complete new alarm unit (under warranty car 3 years 2 months old) they did not even know that you could retrieve fault codes using the remote key pad.

hope this info helps you.

Having alarm issues after purchasing a second hand Kadjar recently (2015 plate). Found and tried this but I don’t get any beeps for a code. Is there any other way to do it? Seeing as they gave us a 1yr warranty I will be taking it back as faulty and suggesting the tilt sensor is the issue which needs fixing based on this and other threads as the most common cause.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alarm Problem 2 years 5 months ago #20

• Gordy
Hi
I tried what you suggested and pressed the unlock button on the remote 5 times..but didn't get any beeps at all..car is just out of the renault dealer today..to try and fix the the alarm going off ,they said no fault codes showed up..within 6 hrs of me getting the car back the alarm went off again..any suggestions.

Alarm Problem 2 years 5 months ago #21

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Done a little bit of research on this on the FB forum, especially those who are out of warranty.  I have a video somewhere that shows how to get to get the code info when the alarm activates.  These codes shouldn’t be confused with setting error codes which are usually loud 2 or 3 bleeps which mean something totally different​​​​​​.

Alot of success has been had with lactating the inner control box and disconnecting each cable and plugging it in again whilst giving it a wiggle.  The type of connections used and the environment that they are can sometimes cause the connections to tarnish and build up resistance.

Alarm Problem 1 year 10 months ago #22

• nordicgod
I have a 2017 kadjar and for the last few months the alarm now goes off whenever it’s a sunny day , only in sunshine and when cabin has warmed up , eg this morning at 9:43 . All good if left in car port in shade . Someone at some stage is going to put a brick in it as I can’t keep parking it in the shade . Goes off whilst parked in golf car park and works car park , tried the long press to deactivate sensors and even covered them up with blu-tac and also closed all the car vents . Still goes off . Obviously the car is now out of warranty but is this a known fault and will my local Hendy Renault garage be able to fix for free or is it a lot of money to try and fix . Reading certain sites it seems to be the

“the problem you are experiencing is most likely due to a
faulty motion sensor
there is a small Millar diaphragm in there that if not seated in
its housing
correctly will be triggered when the plastic of the detector
expands in the
heat so an unfortunate fault with the manufacturing process
on the alarm sensor
easily sorted.”

anyone else had it fixed ? 

Alarm Problem 1 year 10 months ago #23

• nordicgod
Phoned local dealer about problem and he said he had never heard of this problem which I think is rubbish said I could probably remove the siren and that was it , as it’s just over 5 years old 

Alarm Problem 10 months 2 days ago #24

• Lindser
  • Thank you received: 1
When attempting the key fob diagnostic on the alarm system, I assume you’re not pressing unlock 5 times whilst alarm is going off? You stop the alarm first using the lock button on key fob, then press unlock 5 times within 5 seconds?

im not having any luck!

Have it booked in with dealer in a couple of weeka
but got the sinking feeling I’ll be charged a fortune for a diagnostic that doesn’t diagnose anything!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds