Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Poor radio performance 5 years 4 weeks ago #1

• allytan
  • allytan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
When I purchased my petrol Signature S Nav the Bose radio worked really well on all bands FM & DAB, after about 9 months the radio performance was suddenly terrible on both FM & DAB.
Has anyone else suffered with this problem, or does anyone know any tweaks to correct what was a truly wonderful radio.
The car has to have its first service in the next few weeks so I will get them to look into it, but I don't expect much
Looking forward to any recommendations
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Poor radio performance 5 years 4 weeks ago #2

• Rommel_UK
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have recently purchased a 68 plate 1.3 Tce dynamic nav. I think the car itself is great but same problem, the DAB is absolutely rubbish. I find a channel and within seconds I get on display "signal lost", now i hope i dont sound thick but isn't dab radio supposed to be the way forward ?

Poor radio performance 5 years 4 weeks ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
It really depends on what you are listening to as to how good the reception is. I live in the SE UK and when the Ball and Chain is in the Car we generally listen to Gold London. There are blank spots near where I live and I was on the IOW last week and there are not many places to receive the station. If I listen to Radio 2 I don't really have a problem.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: allytan

Poor radio performance 4 years 10 months ago #4

• Lukiehughes
  • Thank you received: 3
I am also having a terrible time with the radio, in particular, trying to listen to heart radio.

Whenever I listen to that station the signal constantly drops out. However, in the VW or the Ford using DAB radio the signal never drops out? Wondering if its anything to do with the software that Renault uses, 'simulcast'?

I can live without it, I just use the TuneIn app on my phone and Bluetooth it across. It is annoying though!

Poor radio performance 4 years 10 months ago #5

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17
On the previous site, here were many many Heart Radio DAB problems with it cutting out, I live in South London not more than a mile from he transmitter, and Heart cuts out on me....................... and it's the only Radio station that does this ALL the time, even does it now and again on FM.
I know it's not the Kadjar radio as it also happens on my daughters Touran.
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg
The following user(s) said Thank You: marko64

Poor radio performance 4 years 1 month ago #6

• acgunner
  • Thank you received: 2
Same problem with mine, it’s gotta be the radio or arial on the car, as my other car with dab ect works fine. I’m gonna check arial , leads connections ect when I get a chance , I’m betting the arial has corrosion or bad earth .. soon as I’m done I’ll post back on here

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds